TIA freezes trying to go online

spaderkung

Argh... Suddenly TIA 14.1 just freezes after going online. S7-1200, working fine until now. Download is no problem. Just when going online.

I have tried older project version, disabling my wifi, having only PLC connected. Restarted several times.

Anyone seen the same???

Thanks in advance
Jon

This seems like a TIA bug.

At the left of the IDE there are expandable folders for the
Project
PLC
HMI

My freeze came online upon trying to open or close the folder PLC, not having it open beforehand while online - that was ok. Closing the folder Project then after reopening it, TIA has closed all sub folders of which PLC is one. At this time the original problem did not happen.

I was having the same issue with v14 Portal hanging up. I had several PLCs in a single project and there were only certain ones that would would make Portal hang up when I tried to go online with them. All of them were the same model and firmware version and had the same modules, however, I found that the ones with the program on an SD card were the ones hanging up. I turned the PLC off, removed the SD card, turned the power back on the PLC, and wrote the program to the PLC without the SD card. Once I did that, I could go online with no Portal hang up. Not sure what the SD card had to do with it but that was my fix (and yes they were Siemens SD cards).

Before that, I opened a new project in v16 and copied the offending PLCs to it. I could go online with the PLCs using v16 with no problems but v14 would hang up. So, in my experience, the SD card was the factor in v14 hanging when trying to go online with it.

Before that, I opened a new project in v16 and copied the offending PLCs to it. I could go online with the PLCs using v16 with no problems but v14 would hang up.
Just to be clear, the PLC with which TIA V14 would hang up, had already a TIA V14 program on it ? The way you write this sentence it sounds as if there was already a V16 program on the PLC.

So, in my experience, the SD card was the factor in v14 hanging when trying to go online with it.
In this way you make sure that there is a V14 program on the CPU before going online with it.

TIA needs the online version no to match. It is very probable that V14 did not handle the version difference well enough and thus would hang up.
This strictly enforced version regime is the single most aggrevating thing about TIA and S7-1500.
We are sticking to V15.1 for as long as possible.

Try moving the project to a diffrent location on your harddrive and try again, this solves some strange bugs I've encountered