Set up OPC Server and MySQL database

Faja

Hello, I have problem with set up some sofware to collect data. I have:

- GE Fanuc with program
- TopServer for getting information from PLC

And now I want to collect data to mySQL database and I found "MatrikonOPC Client for ODBC" but it's only saving my data to txt file. I was thinking this isn't piece of software I want, so I search and found "MatrikonOPC Server for GDA" but now I dont know if I must install and configure both of this matrikon sofware or only just need MatrikonOPC Server for GDA. Maybe in first one I can connect to mysql database but i dont know ho do it.

thanks for any help

Try using the Kepserver V5.xx this has the abillity to populate a DB directly, you can download it & it will run for 2 hrs at a time so for evaluation it;s great.
I have only tried on a MS SQL DB but it worked fine.

Try using the Kepserver V5.xx this has the abillity to populate a DB directly, you can download it & it will run for 2 hrs at a time so for evaluation it;s great.

I understand that I must install kepserver instead of Matrikon OPC , yes?

I will write again what I mean:
- I have GE Fanuc with Proficy Machine edition where I export my variables and collect data in TopServer and it must be, now:

- I must collect historical data in mysql database(I have this database already in db4free.net)
- Now, with Kepserver I must have any OPC server(Matrikon OPC Client?)?

And is anywhere manual how export data to mysql database?

Sorry but I want clear with everything.

TOP Server is a branded version of KEPServerEX, so the two wouldn't be able to co-exist on the same PC. The functionality being referred to is the DataLogger Plug-In option for TOP Server which allows ODBC data logging of any data you are receiving in TOP Server.

Typically, though, we recommend the OPC Data Logger (http://www.opcdatalogger.com/), which would act as an OPC Client to TOP Server.

OPC Data Logger has a native MySQL interface, which tends to be more robust than a generic ODBC interface, can log data from any OPC DA or UA compliant server, supports file spanning, writebacks and more. You can download a demo version at the link above.

If you are familiar with Vb you could write your own, kepserver (or badged version) has normally some vb code snippets on the disk + the opc interface dll to work with vb.
I have used this to log data to a SQL server I use the free download of SQLEXPRESS from MS

You could use VB2012 Express it's free to download for personal use, it has all you need to create an SQL Database locally for trials, you will need SQLExpress as well.
There are many sites with VB & SQL programming like programmers heaven etc. search for specifics like vb2012 opening an SQL database etc. there are loads.
One thing think about the data you want to log, how you will filter the data etc.
for example always have a field with datetime so you can filter by datetime, also if some data ties in with say a batch code use this field in all tables as this will allow to filter by batch code, it's best to get the fields in the tables correct as adding or deleting fields after data has been added can remove previous data.
If you use the simple opc code supplied with kepserver just modify it to suit your application, I started this way then expanded it to include an editor for the tags & checks to reduce the overhead of lots of changing data, I also included reports so not only does it store the data in the database but also allows the operator to display & print reports & graphs.
Although the code is well documented, it can be quite difficult to understand how to access the data outside the callback function.
Good luck

Typically, though, we recommend the OPC Data Logger (http://www.opcdatalogger.com/), which would act as an OPC Client to TOP Server.

OPC Data Logger has a native MySQL interface, which tends to be more robust than a generic ODBC interface, can log data from any OPC DA or UA compliant server, supports file spanning, writebacks and more. You can download a demo version at the link above.

I configured opc data logger and I have this error:
Event Type: Error
Occurred At: 2012-07-25 07:54:29
From Location: Data Logger Logging
Temp2 (0xc0040007). The item is no longer available in the server address space.

blad.jpg

Last edited:
The OPC Items that the data logger has to access, can you access them via an OPC Test client ?

Always use an OPC Test client to find out if the problem is with the OPC Server or the OPC Client.

The OPC Items that the data logger has to access, can you access them via an OPC Test client ?

Always use an OPC Test client to find out if the problem is with the OPC Server or the OPC Client.

I tested in OPC Test client and everything works fine :-/

Then the problem is in the OPC Client Datalogger.

Have you managed to get anything to work ? Or is it just one item that does not work ?
Are you sure you have the OPC Item name absolutely correct ?
Do you define the OPC Item by typing the name manually, or can you browse for the OPC Items ?

Unfortunately I have no experience with either GE Fanuc nor OPC Datalogger.

Help me

Hi, recently I've been interested in the OPC server, right now I need to send analog values ​​(pressure meter). I have already been able to cominicar the keeperver and an S7-1200, now I only need to send these values ​​to MySQL, how do I configure MySql?

Hi k_w.

Every single post form you, you link to Integration Objects products.
Are you affiliated with them or are you just very fond of their products ?
If you are affiliated with them you should write that in your profile.
Apart from those links, you dont contribute much.

IMO it is OK to suggest a product that you are connected with as long as it is relevant to the topic, and you openly state your connection with it.