AB PV 1000 Can Communicate But No Display

aidamcg

Hi All

I have a PV 1000 which when powered up recently has nothing on the display. It is an ethernet comms and I am able to upload and download the program to it but screen is like when it is in a powered off state. I do not keep them as a spare as I am trying to standardise the PV within the plan and I replaced it with a PV1000+. I am wondering if the fix to this might be the backlight. I do not want to spend to much on trying to fix it but if was just the backlight I would get one. I know in older panelviews like the 550 that you can still see something on the display when the backlight is gone. Should I be able to see something on the display if the backlight is gone on a PV 1000. If I should then I guess the problem might be a bit more difficult and costly to fix and I will forget about trying to fix it.

Thanks

Aidan

Hello Aidan.

Don't know about the PV1000, but I've had PV600's where you could see nothing when the backlight has gone. Backlight sound's like a probability. Your local Rockwell agents would probably be happy to test it for you free of charge should you have a service agreement with them.