Wonderware multi PLC communication

Anytech

Hello,

In Wonderware System Platform you can configure communication to several PLCs in different ways, and I am interested which is "best practice"?

Let's say we have 1 PC and 10 PLC. Each PLC has 2 update intervals. Config options:

1. In SMC - One instance of SIDIR server with 10 nodes configured. Each node has 2 Device Groups. In ArchestrA - One DDESuiteLinkClient with 10*2=20 topics configured.
  2. In SMC - One instance of SIDIR server with 10 nodes configured. Each node has 2 Device Groups. In ArchestrA - 10 DDESuiteLinkClients each with 2 topics configured.
  3. In SMC - 10 instances of SIDIR server each with 1 node configured. In ArchestrA - 10 DDESuiteLinkClients each with 2 topics configured.

I use 1st option, but it's pain in the neck to configure 20 topics in small window of DDESuiteLinkClient, so I've thought maybe I'm doing something wrong...

TL/DR: How do you guys configure multi PLC communication in Wonderware?

@Techuser: It´s better if you create a new thread.
Answering your question , one way to do it is to send data from one plc to the other, no experience with Mitubishi , maybe sendind a message.
If using scada, you can try using derivated tags, i.e. pass data from one plc to another thru scada.
@Anytech, I guess that using an OPC server UA or DA you can get all info from your PLCs. you did not mention if all your plcs were same brand or not.