A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Just wanted to let everyone know that has been following this thread that a few new features have been added that many people have been waiting for.

The first is a ModbusRTU driver. This opens the possibility for use with a lot more devices.

The other feature is the use of INI files with the ControlLogix driver for specifying the IP Address. Prior to this if you had many instances of the driver and changed the IP address of your PLC, you would have to go to each instance and update it. Now you can put the name of an INI file in the IPAddress property. When the application starts up every instance can read from the same file.

Another feature is not so much and AdvancedHMI feature, but more of a Beckhoff fix. For those that wanted to use the CX8090 controller, but found the communication was very sketchy, Beckhoff has an operating system image update of version 3.53e that seems to resolve these issues. The CX8090 is a very powerful controller based on an ARM processor that is in the $400USD range.

Hello ,
Thanks Archie.
Long wait for Modbus RTU driver is over.
Anyone used the new Modbus RTU serial driver ?
I tried it with two different PLCs . Read holding registers function (400001 onwards) works OK . Controls displaying Modbus registers also function OK (DigitalPanelMeterA) . Problem is with writing holding registers . Controls for user input & writing to PLC do not write data . Write function returns 0 but physically value is not written to Modbus slave from ADVhmi application (V 366).
Further testing is On , I will post results if I read/write registers.
Shriram Pendse

ADVhmi V367 ModRTU readWrite OK

Thanks a ton Archie ,

New update version works perfectly alright , both for reading and writing registers .

With this update, Adv HMI now connects to practically every device used in Automation .
Communication
Data display
User navigation
Alarms display
Data log and trending achieved with ZedGraph .
What else ?

Thanks & Regards
Shriram Pendse

Advanced HMI

Umm, just to remind Everyone When Using advanced HMI that your in a Visual Studio .NET Environment "possibilities Unlimited"
trending ? Design one or 100 Hundreds of trending Option Components available
Scripting ? vb.net C# F# C++
Window Navigation, "internal" External" Whatever you want
[email protected]

I applaud your efforts and the graphic work is outstanding. I watched your tutorial and tried to pay close attention to the available toolbars. I didn't see any reference or means for:

Alarming w/ Summary and Historical
Graphing/Trending
Scripting
Window navigation

As I'm sure you know, HMI implementation is much more than the graphical interface. Are the above components part of your project, or items yet to come or are you narrowing your focus on just the graphical interface portion? I understand the project is in its infancy, but I'm curious as to the level of functionality you envision obtaining.

Communication beetwen HMI and PLC

First place:thanks for you help and your job to help the programmers.

My config:
Twincat PLC 2.11
VB2010 Expres Edition

I downloaded you Advance HMI,opened in VB,folow the steps from the pdf instruction,and put a "MomentaryButton" and a "TwinCatComm".
I set the button to the Main.Switch1 as it is declared in my PLC program.
In TwinCatcomm I set the AMSNetID to AMS router value which I found in Twincat properties.But in VB to the TwinCatComm is a target IP adress which default have a adress.The HMI not communicate with PLC,i receive a error like "no response from remote system"
My questions is:I use the right driver(TwincatComm) in VB or not?
Without a hardware connected to the PLC,should be work the HMI local?

Thanks.

My config:
Twincat PLC 2.11
VB2010 Expres Edition

I downloaded you Advance HMI,opened in VB,folow the steps from the pdf instruction,and put a "MomentaryButton" and a "TwinCatComm".
I set the button to the Main.Switch1 as it is declared in my PLC program.
In TwinCatcomm I set the AMSNetID to AMS router value which I found in Twincat properties.But in VB to the TwinCatComm is a target IP adress which default have a adress.The HMI not communicate with PLC,i receive a error like "no response from remote system"
My questions is:I use the right driver(TwincatComm) in VB or not?
Without a hardware connected to the PLC,should be work the HMI local?
The first important thing to know about the TwinCAT driver is that it will not work on a PC with TwinCAT installed. It can only communicate to a remote run time of TwinCAT. The only way to get it to work on the same PC is to run TwinCAT in a virtual machine. This will appear to the driver that TwinCAT is running on a different PC.

The reason it has to work like this is because AdvancedHMI uses it's own driver that does not pass through the AMS router. If the same PC has TwinCAT installed, the AMS router will intercept the packets before they get back to AdvancedHMI. This limitation is because Beckhoff will not give the information on how to interface to their AMS router nor will they allow their DLL to be distributed with AdvancedHMI.

Omron & Micro800

I made a separate thread for this, but I figure that I should probably put this information on this main AdvancedHMI thread......

Version 3.81 is now available that has added drivers for most Omron PLCs and also a dedicated driver to support the Allen Bradley Micro800 series over Ethernet.

A couple months ago a ModbusRTU driver has also been added. This driver was tested with a number of devices including the AutomationDirect Click PLC.

A couple new highly requested controls have been added to the latest version of AdvancedHMI (version 3.84).

The first is a BasicTrendChart. As it name implies, it is a very basic chart that will show a running trend of a value from the PLC.

The other is a BasicDataLogger. This component will store a value with a time stamp in a text file. It can log either by a time interval or when the data has changed.

Thanks

This little HMI project is getting really good. I really like the data logger and Trender and am looking forward to further development.
I haven't found a way yet to do this, but is there a way to change the time span that the trender will show, or is this something you are working on?

Currently I have a nice little project running the modbus driver to an Arduino and I'm going to try linking up with a CLX platform and see how that goes.