Find Ip adress offline

Hojland

Is there a way to find the ipadress in a logix 5000/ studio 5000 prg. Am havening a 1769-L16E and I can only see the ip adress in online state. in ofline it is greyedout

ip1_1.JPG ip_2.JPG

One thing you could try is a "Save As" of the program in XML format and save it as file type *.L5X
Then open the .L5X in a text editor and search for InternetProtocol and maybe it will show you the assigned IPAddress=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

(edit) This should also maybe work if saved as a L5K also

Last edited:
There is no IP under general tab.
I tryed to save it as a XML, and it worked. Thanks
But I am used to program in rslogix 500 and there you can easely find the ip.
Dont get it, why it has to be so hard in studio 5000
Thanks anyway

Have you tried saving it once connecting to it (as a normal .ACD)? It might sound a bit simplistic, but if the IP was added after the original file was downloaded to the controller, there will be no IP address to display in the saved file... Try saving it once you are online, then go offline and see if it shows up.

I have tryed to go online and "saved as", but when I go offline again, the internet protocol isgreyed out and no ip adress