Conveyor PE and Motor Settings

emjr93

Hello all,

I am currently working on a small project for a conveyor system.
We have two different pack sizes (6 pack and 3 pack).
The program is set up for only one setting for motor speeds and photo eye delay timers.
Due to weight, some of the conveyor start delays and motor speeds need to be edited for the different pack size.
I'd like to save the settings operators enter for each within the program and have it change based on pack size selection, the code is as follows...

---------MOV
Source; Photo_EyeDelay[1]
Dest; Photo_EyeDelay1.PRE

The HMI writes directly to the source tag in the MOV function.
The PLC being used a CompactLogix.

Hi emjr93, my name is Chris, I worked for 20 years at Cadbury's here in the UK. What is the machine / equipment your looking at and is there any snippit of ladder logic I may assist with ?

Hi emjr93, my name is Chris, I worked for 20 years at Cadbury's here in the UK. What is the machine / equipment your looking at and is there any snippit of ladder logic I may assist with ?
The code is just a rung with a move function that takes the value entered on the HMI and moves it to the timers preset. I want to be able to save the values entered under 3 pack or 6 pack and have them automatically appear depending on the pack size selected on the HMI.
The boxes are being transported on this conveyor from a packaging machine to a palletizer.

I am not sure what your question is.
I usually use a "Recipe" to achieve what you described id the HMI is capable otherwise scripts (again if supported by HMI) and plc code to do the same.

Maybe something like this:
I tried something similar, the only issue is that when I transition between the two it would overwrite the last value and lose it. Therefore, the next time I select the opposite pack size, the value is essentially lost. I was thinking of using a COP function within the code.