Ab plc

nicos

Dear All,

recently I have encounter one problem about the AB PLC with Kinetix5500.
The story is like this:-
I am servicing a wet bench machine which using AB PLC and recently I had replaced a motor which control by the kinetix5500 controller. After I change the motor and start the machine, I able to run the motor in free mode but unfortunately it prompt me alarm when I switch the mode to auto and the kinetix5500 show STOPPED. I have try re-download the file into the machine but it still show STOPPED at controller. May I know I still missing what step in order to let the controller can communicate with the new motor? Kindly please help me on this. Thank you.

From my experience STOPPED means the drive is ready for operation. If you issue MSO and some move command (MAJ/MAM) it should work.

Maybe there is something in your logic that needs to be reset prior auto movement.

Maybe you have some interlock active preventing auto mode to start.

Hi,

How to issue MSO command? At where to issue?
I thought once re download the plc program will do.
Please guide me, thank you.

Regards,
Nicos

Hi,

Yes, I use back the original PLC software. Just that, I encounter version problem before perform download. As the hardware version is 21 and the original software installer is studio5000 version 21 so I just use everything in original to install at the computer but when I open the original PLC file, the studio5000 prompt me that please use the version 21.03 to open the file. No matter how I try still can not open the file. Then I try download from RW webpage for studio5000 version 21.03, finally it able to open the file and perform download into the machine. I also have another question, for example the original file size is 13MB, after I download into machine then upload/perform backup from machine, how come the file size become 7MB? Where is the others? Hopefully someone can help me on this. Thank you.