CAB File missing

gusterminator

Hi,

I recently got asked to setup another HMI client for the manager's office. We are using Factory talk View SE.

I successfully migrated the HMI software to the new computer and am able to view and control the process. The only problem I am having is getting the Alarm's to show up and any of the Trends.

the alarm I am getting at the bottom of the HMI window is:

cause: Trend: CAB file missing on the server: http://hmi1/RSViewActiveXControlSetup/RSTView2ocx.CAB.

reading this message makes me want to think there is a file missing on the server. I know the server is fine though because all the other clients on this network are working fine.

any suggestions on how I can solve this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gus

Same Version?
Is your server PC named 'hmi1' ?
It could also be that the OCX was downloaded and installed from another development server, and the application was migrated to the actual server.

Just a thought as I am going through this same issue.

Is the version of SE 7 or less? And if it is, does the machine running it have IE-10 or IE-11 installed on it?

The trending will not work if the above scenario is true.

You would have to either roll back IE to 9 or upgrade SE to 8.

As I said, just a thought.

Rockwell's Knowledgebase is screwed up again. Aside from the slowest webserver in the world, that ID doesn't show up for me on a search, and your direct link says it is a "Locked Answer", and won't show even with active TechConnect.

We really need to stop paying Rockwell for their next to useless "TechConnect" contracts. That is a LOT of money that could go to better things.

I solved the problem guys, I checked to see how many patches were installed on the working model's, they had 40. The newly installed client had 0. I went to Rockwell site and downloaded an all in one patch upgrade. This brought my newly installed client up to 40 patches installed and wamo everything is working correctly.
Thanks for all the replies, this site is awesome :0)