Micrologix 1100 output not responding

SP4NKH4RD

I have a micrologix 1100 hooked to a weintek HMI.
I copied a program from working 1100 and loaded the program into a second 1100. When I connect the PLC to the HMI and my laptop and run it live, the inputs on the ladder logic highlight but there seems to be no response in the outputs (they do not highlight). Has anyone ran into this before? Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks!

MCR is paired? Any subroutines?

"An input instruction is programmed on the rung of the first MCR to control rung logic continuity. When the rung goes "false" all non-retentive outputs within the controlled zone are disabled. When the rung goes "true" all rungs are scanned according to their normal rung conditions (disregarding the zone control instruction). Note: Do not use conditional logic before an ending MCR instruction. The ending MCR instruction must be the only instruction on the rung."

Last edited:
No subroutines. Everything is setup like the functioning 1100. It's a simple B3 input to standard output. I get no errors, I just can't seem to get the outputs to respond. I made a test program with a single rung and had no issues...

When you say the output doesn't respond, do you mean you are not seeing it in RSLogix software, the field device doesn't activate, or both?

What is the complete model number of the Micrologix? Some of the ML1400 use FET outputs and wire differently than relay output models...not sure if there are 1100's that have FET outputs...

When you say the output doesn't respond, do you mean you are not seeing it in RSLogix software, the field device doesn't activate, or both?

What is the complete model number of the Micrologix? Some of the ML1400 use FET outputs and wire differently than relay output models...not sure if there are 1100's that have FET outputs...

I'll have to get back to you on the complete model number. The output doesn't highlight in the software. I'm unaware if the physical output is triggering since it isn't connected to anything.

The output doesn't highlight in the software.

We need to resolve that first. Are you sure your RSLogix software is online with the PLC (green power rails, RSLinx icon spinning normally)?

Is something else in the program overwriting the address?

Zip and post your program as Mickey suggested.

We need to resolve that first. Are you sure your RSLogix software is online with the PLC (green power rails, RSLinx icon spinning normally)?

Is something else in the program overwriting the address?

Zip and post your program as Mickey suggested.

Hopefully I'm overlooking something simple.

Which output is giving you trouble?

The only one I see an issue with is O:0/0. It's being used in several different rungs.
All controlled by the same bit B3/0. Is the HMI writing to B3/0?. (Kind of odd)
It may be writing to it continuously and the software is to slow to respond. Try disconnecting the HMI and then toggle the bit manually.

Last edited: