Visual simulator

pausebreak42

Hi there...

I have looked around a bit and found a PLC simulator for Siemens at http://personales.ya.com/canalPLC/ which works good enough.

I am using the PC_SIMU program parallel with it, to simulate the process visually, but don't like the blocky pixel-art visualisation of it.

Is there any way of changing the graphics of PC_SIMU or any other Siemens simulators capable of visual presentation with customizable graphics?

Thanks

You mean the conveyor one?
I don't think I've seen the source code. If you use plcsim and wincc flex, just make your own
Or simaticnet comes with an actveX, make your own with VB

Just an idea

Well, thanks for your replies...

Thomas > Your examples look fine, but I still can't figure out how to use Blender - tried to use it before but gave up.
Anywho, your post have led me to further search the net, where I have stumbled upon EasyPLC @ http://www.nirtec.com/

I'm gonna try it out and see if it is usefull for my needs...

Best regards

@Thomas v2. Can you give more information about how you did the connection between PLCSIM and Blender? It looks cool...

I use the COM-interface of PLCSIM (S7ProSim) to read and write data out of and into Plcsim. The manual of the S7ProSim object you can find as pdf-document in your Siemens Plcsim installation folder (e.g. C:\Siemens\Plcsim\s7manual\s7wsi ).

In Blender it is possible to use python as additional scripting language. I've written a small python-class which does the COM-interfacing to Plcsim.
You can add some trigger actions to Blender-objects. For example a "light barrier" object calls on collision a python function.. The function sets or resets a bit in the PLC.

If you once understood the unusual control concept of blender, it's fairly easy to use.

I've added a screenshot how the blender objects are connected to the plc-addresses. The project is the conveyor demo from youtube.

blender-plcsim-connection.jpg

Hello, I've also been looking for a way to visualize PLC-data in a 3D-environment. I've tried Blender but it's a bit difficult to learn without any examples. Could you perhaps share your Blender-project with us so I can learn from it?

Thanks!

I use the COM-interface of PLCSIM (S7ProSim) to read and write data out of and into Plcsim. The manual of the S7ProSim object you can find as pdf-document in your Siemens Plcsim installation folder (e.g. C:\Siemens\Plcsim\s7manual\s7wsi ).

In Blender it is possible to use python as additional scripting language. I've written a small python-class which does the COM-interfacing to Plcsim.
You can add some trigger actions to Blender-objects. For example a "light barrier" object calls on collision a python function.. The function sets or resets a bit in the PLC.

If you once understood the unusual control concept of blender, it's fairly easy to use.

I've added a screenshot how the blender objects are connected to the plc-addresses. The project is the conveyor demo from youtube.

Hello, I've also been looking for a way to visualize PLC-data in a 3D-environment. I've tried Blender but it's a bit difficult to learn without any examples. Could you perhaps share your Blender-project with us so I can learn from it?

Hi,
I've written a small documentation how you get blender and plcsim to work. It's written in german, but there are several screenshots in it so I think the basic installations you will get without understanding german. Otherwise ask for the missing things.

If you send me a PM with your email adress, I will send you a zip file (~2,5 MB) with:
- documentation (in german)
- 3 simple blender demos (simply moving a cube, conveyors, portalrobot)
- Step7 project to control the demos
- python class to connect blender to plcsim

If you put some effort in your blender scenes, you could get some really nice simulations, as you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdeiB0ZiwM

Really nice work!

Hello Thomas,
You have some really nice work! Are you still able to share information regarding this work?
Thank you,
Dr.SITRAIN.USA

Hi,
I've written a small documentation how you get blender and plcsim to work. It's written in german, but there are several screenshots in it so I think the basic installations you will get without understanding german. Otherwise ask for the missing things.

If you send me a PM with your email adress, I will send you a zip file (~2,5 MB) with:
- documentation (in german)
- 3 simple blender demos (simply moving a cube, conveyors, portalrobot)
- Step7 project to control the demos
- python class to connect blender to plcsim

If you put some effort in your blender scenes, you could get some really nice simulations, as you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdeiB0ZiwM