logixpro door simulation excercise

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys I decide to add manual and auto mode to door simulation in logixpro since many of automated processes have manual and auto mode. I solved this using ladder diagram on picture. I tested it and it seems OK, do you have any advice for me to change something, or something could be done in a better way?

Thank you very much!

Since nobody commented I'll asume that it is OK. I know that Siemens use SR flipflop (if I can call it that way) for auto an manual mode and AB using latch and unlatch.

What is better solution to latch:

---||----(L)
A B
or
A B
|--||-|--( )
| |
|--||-|
B

Whn to use first solution and when to u second?
Thanks

The latched (L0 and unlatch (U) memorizes it's last state on power up. Think about using this on power recovery logic. The seal-in latch doesn't memorize and you can only have one output vs multiple (L) and (U). The logic can become quite ugly to troubleshoot when you have (L) and (U) all over the place.

the second diagram looks better. thats how i did mine, i use logixpro for school also. remember that you can only use a output once in rslogix, but you can use it multiple times in logixpro (thats the only reason i dont like logixpro) it is not important for this excersize but you will run into it later in the software. I also agree with the previous post that lots of latches are ugly because you have to unlatch it somewhere else.