Analog inputs module 1769-IF 8, Error Code 16#0010

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I have a CompactLogix system in the field that had been running without any issues for several months, until one of the 1769-IF8 modules started showing this fault:
"Code 16#0010 Mode or state module does not allow object to perform requested service".
We changed the module position and we even replaced the module with a brand new one, without success.

Any clues?

Thank you!

So nobody have had this problem in the past?

I've looked for this error on this forum, and I found this:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=95647&highlight=Code+16#0010
But it is not related to the 1769-IF8 module.

Also, on the Rockwell website, there are no entries for this error that mention the 1769-IF8 module.

Since the original module itself was replaced, and we've tried with another location in the rack, I'm suspecting the problem is the wiring to the sensors, and I'm evaluating using signal conditioners to fix the issue.

I will appreciate your comments!