PLC controlled spud-gun

Firejo

How much of an automation geek are you?

Well think I’ve reached a new… well either low or high depending on your point of view. My brother has a Sumer Solstice party every year on some property in Eastern Washington and his brother in-law usually builds some sort of tool of destruction. For the last couple of years he has build a spud-gun and I decided this year I’d take a crake at it. Matt’s difficulty has been lighting off the gun (none of this whimpy air gun stuff). By the time he re-threads the breach and then gets the ignition to work the air-fuel mixture has usually thinned out and it won’t fire. So basically I’ve seen all of the things he’s struggled with and came up with a fix. Plus, of course I had to add a PLC to the mix. All I’ll say right now is that it’s part of the ignition system. Once I’ve shot the thing off at the party I’ll post some pics and videos of what I did. Massive overkill but it’s all about building it and who else can say that they have a PLC controlled spud gun?
The video is the cam-lock breach (goes on and off very fast) with the ignition electrodes built in.
https://youtu.be/0zZ73EZw-6M

PLCs...Guns.....Destruction........Spuds...Fricken Summer Solstice Party!!!!

Now that is what I call a good time!!!

My only question is, have you thought about shooting something bigger than a spud.

If you do go with spuds have you tried soaking them in your favorite highly flammable libation? If you soak it long enough you get a sweet flame trail followed by a flame ball on impact!!!

Not that I would do such a destructive thing like that.

I’m not invading the place, just having some fun. :ROFLMAO:

PLCs...Guns.....Destruction........Spuds...Fricken Summer Solstice Party!!!!

Now that is what I call a good time!!!

My only question is, have you thought about shooting something bigger than a spud.

If you do go with spuds have you tried soaking them in your favorite highly flammable libation? If you soak it long enough you get a sweet flame trail followed by a flame ball on impact!!!

Not that I would do such a destructive thing like that.

A potato flying through on fire during summer in Eastern WA sounds like someone wants the fire department to get some over time.

A potato flying through on fire during summer in Eastern WA sounds like someone wants the fire department to get some over time.

I had not thought of that!!

I guess I am spoiled living in a wet area. I can burn anything anytime... well most things most of the time. And we get FIREWORKS!!!