CCW Inner Error; Corrupted Files?

Hi & Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for your OS specific feedback. Yes, the particular Windows OS updates that may cause this issue are mentioned in the technote we have linked here and the one you have posted up is certainly there for Windows 7...

Security Update for Windows 7 -

KB4480970
KB4480960
KB4480965

Security Update for Windows 8.1 -

KB4480963

Regards,
George

I've been fighting this problem for a while. MS updates - CCW won't work. Uninstall updates. MS forces updates - CCW won't work. Uninstall updates. Contacted MS - they say they have patches to fix this. They spend an entire day remote accessing my system - no dice - same problem. Then they tell me I should update my version of CCW and that'll fix it.
I finally just uninstalled all their updates - again - and got it working.

Not that I can see. Apparently, there used to be a "Pause Updates" option for updates, but that no longer exists (at least, not on my computer). Unless you know of another way to accomplish this. If so, I'm all ears...

This issue is a pain. What I do is instead of tuning off my windows 10 laptop, I just tell it to sleep. It can go to sleep without updating. I also have automatic updates set to Monday night 3 am. These 2 things keep me from having to uninstall every time I want to use CCW.

I'm running Win7 Pro and have this CCW error. I don't have any of the Security Updates mentioned in the Tech note though? So I don't seem to have anyway currently to fudge this in lieu if a proper patch. Anyone else in the same boat or have found other methods? Interestingly my Win10 bootcamp install on my MacBook is fine, but I can't use this at work.

bgtorque said:
I'm running Win7 Pro and have this CCW error. I don't have any of the Security Updates mentioned in the Tech note though?...

You may possibly have another Windows 7 Update that is not listed in the technote but which also affects your CCW installation?

While this one is proving frustrating here for many users, I would just like to point out that this particular issue is not of Rockwell's making. Microsoft has released certain Security Updates which have affected ISaGRAF based software products. Microsoft are working on releasing corrected versions of these Security Updates and, according to the technote, the release of these updates should be imminent...

CORRECTION
Correction requires installation of the corrected Microsoft Windows Security Update. Microsoft anticipates making this update available early February 2019.

Hopefully?...

Regards,
George

You may possibly have another Windows 7 Update that is not listed in the technote but which also affects your CCW installation?

While this one is proving frustrating here for many users, I would just like to point out that this particular issue is not of Rockwell's making. Microsoft has released certain Security Updates which have affected ISaGRAF based software products. Microsoft are working on releasing corrected versions of these Security Updates and, according to the technote, the release of these updates should be imminent...

CORRECTION
Correction requires installation of the corrected Microsoft Windows Security Update. Microsoft anticipates making this update available early February 2019.

Hopefully?...

Regards,
George

There are many possible offending updates that are causing this issue, many not on the list as I am learning. Rockwell doesn't even know all the offending updates. Their solution is to simply un-install all of them until it works. If we completely MUCK up you computer, oh well. Even more interesting (or disgusting). The same updates don't exist on both of my machines. One has update A causing problems, the other has update B causing problems.
Even though this is not caused by Rockwell, its only their software affected. That I know of. There must be something they can do as leaving it to Microsoft to fix has left a lot of loyal Rockwell users very tired of the foolishness. MANY lost hours because of this and still not out of the woods.
They have to do something, its their responsibility to their users! Don't just say, meh, Microsoft will fix it in a few weeks. I can't very well say that to MY manager. He won't be as understanding as were expected to be with it all!

Not that I can see. Apparently, there used to be a "Pause Updates" option for updates, but that no longer exists (at least, not on my computer). Unless you know of another way to accomplish this. If so, I'm all ears...

If you don’t have a “Pause updates” button you might not have admin rights although you shouldn’t be able to remove updates if that’s the case. I’d google it.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a cute way to uninstall a block of updates in one go? Otherwise it is just painful.

Go to the updates section of Control Panel (Update & Security in Windows 10). Then "View update history". Look for updates listed earlier in this thread and remove them. Once that is done you can pause the updates (for up to 35 days I think). There should be a “Pause updates” button on the main Updates screen. I’m not 100% sure of the location but there should be an one unless you don’t have admin rights in which case you’re kinda out of luck and none of this will work.

Hi,

Newb here... I am trying to create a new project for a Micro850, but I am running into the exact problem described in this thread with a new install of CCW on a Windows 10 machine. I went through the list of Windows updates upthread and uninstalled KB4480966, but it didn't fix the problem for me. (None of the other Windows updates listed are installed on my machine.) I even tried uninstalling CCW and re-installing it. No joy.

Prior to installing CCW on my machine, I already had Visual Studio 2008 and several versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. These were interfering with the CCW installation process so I had to uninstall some of them, but I eventually managed to get CCW to install. That's when I ran into difficulties creating a new project for the Micro850.

Any ideas? I am able to "see" the Micro850 from the RSLinx application that comes with CCW, but CCW itself fails to create the new project whether the Micro850 is connected to my computer or not.

Thanks in advance!

As of now, there is no fix! Big applauds to Microsoft and Rockwell!!!!!

Uninstall all of your updates and if your lucky enough to have a working computer at the end of it all, then you SHOULD be good for the day to use CCW. If tomorrow it doesn't work, go through the whole thing again.
Then repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.

If I weren't so far deep in Micro stuff already in time and money, I would gladly dump all my Micro **** on a Rockwell reps desk and tell him to keep the pile of junk.

Its no good without working software!

Yeah, yeah, I know its not Rockwells fault... Right? So our projects will continue to suffer with nobody to blame.

Iv been a Rockwell user for a good 15 years now. This is the worst **** they have pulled yet! If you haven't guessed it.... I'm absolutely F**&^ tired of this issue!