Transfer data remotely

shkoko2000

Dear all,
Hope you are well,
Please i need your help for below situation:
I have a remote site with controllogix chassis and ethernet switch ( dymanic ips for panel view and ethernet card in the same range 192.168.1.x)and i need to access online on this network and go online on plc or monitor data remotely how can i apply this with different solutions? Please illustrate deeply.....

THE INSECURE WAY( anybody that knows or discovers the public IP will have free access to the PLC)
- Configure the ControlLogix Ethernet with a static private IP for example 192.168.1.2

- On the Remote Site Router configure a NAT rule that redirects to the PLC IP (192.168.1.2) the incoming TCP and UDP connections to the Port Number on which the ControlLogix listens. If you want to connect via Ethernet/IP the port number will be probably = 44818

- The remote site internet provider must assign you a static public IP, then if you try to connect to assigned IP then the connection should be established with the PLC.

THE SECURE WAY:

Connect using a VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK , out of scope to explain here, better if you contact with an experienced System Administrator

There are many suppliers. Rockwell probably has one expensive also. Phoenix, HMS many more.
You probably need an extra box, secure router / firewall, between your system and the internetz with VPN. Just configure it according to the manual.

Can i apply static ip on usb modem and use it for my issue

The IP on a USB modem is assigned by the network provider if I am correct in thinking that by USB Modem you mean a 3G/4G USB stick. You can buy SIM cards/data plan that will have a static IP, but these are quite expensive, or used to be.

Take a look at the IntegraXor SCADA. It's very security-centric and features a function to set up a web gateway, so you can get it to transfer data to any remote location through the internet even without a fixed IP.

Thanks for your great effort, i found that i have digi one IAP at two remto sites can i use it to transfer data remotely and if yes how can i do that

Isn't the Digi one just a device server that will convert between protocols?

If so then you would still need an access point to connect you to the outside world via an Internet connection.

please i already have DSPLE000 and i need to install XCHSPA module on spare slot , is that needed also to buy antenna to it (ANT).
and i need to connect two remote areas using this switch.what are the requirements to do that in addition to order two switches and also i need how to connect them (configuration....)