Schneider XBTGT5330 Backup

NeedHelp2019

Hello all,

I have been working on repairing a Schneider XBTGT5330 for an end user.
There is no CF card present but after fitting new CCFLs I can see that the unit powers up with customer application running well.

I have Vijeo Designer 6.2 and the XBTZG935 USB cable.

Is it possible to upload a copy of the application and settings on to the laptop/PC with this cable.
The USB option is ghosted out in the Backup Manager and Target settings?

I read somewhere that the USB may not be supported on this model as it is not a FRONT USB Connection. There are USB ports on the side of the HMI so did not think this would be an issue.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

OK thanks for the reply.
I have watched the video, it mostly shows how to download from Vijeo Designer to the HMI.
I'm looking the opposite so I can make a copy of what is currently there and transfer to another HMI at a later date.
Surely if I can power up the unit and the customer application runs then I should be able to back this up somehow?

OK thanks for the reply.
I have watched the video, it mostly shows how to download from Vijeo Designer to the HMI.
I'm looking the opposite so I can make a copy of what is currently there and transfer to another HMI at a later date.
Surely if I can power up the unit and the customer application runs then I should be able to back this up somehow?

First 3 mins tell setting what have to be done for download and settings for enabling upload.

On video from time 3.25 it tells how to upload.
But it is only possible if original programmer enabled upload for panel project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Zd_MYICcs&t=3m25s

Hello Lare,

Im not sure if customer has selected the Enable Upload Option or not. Waiting on response from them now.

The other issue and quite a big one is that I am currently unable to connect the HMI to the PC and see it in Vijeo Designer or even in the Device Manager in Windows.
I asked about the USB connection earlier as I have the correct cable but is there an issue with the location and support of certain USB ports on the unit? The unit I have has USB on the side and not the front. If so maybe we should just connect with a serial cable.
Is it a NULL cable?
Do you have a pin out so i can make one up?

If the Enable Upload was enabled and we get connected do we use Upload Editor Project from the File Menu to do this?

I dont understand what the problem is with the "location and support" of the usb ports.
The whole xbtgt range has its usb ports on the back of the unit. All the usb ports should work with no issues as there is no way to disbale the via software. You should also have a ethernet port that can be used (if you know the ip address). If not and the setting wasnt changed or disabled by programmer you can rapidly tap bottom left and top right corner of the touch screen. first bottom left then top right and quickly after each other continuously until the setting screen appears. you can then go to the network tab and see what the ip is and also change it.

You should ask from original programmer / company source file for vijeo designer (*.vdz) file.

Same file is located to panel, if settings are right. Usually you can't upload project, because vzd is not transferred to panel by default.

Without that file you can't modify or load vijeo panels at all. All need be done from empty project if file is missing after years.

You could connect with ethernet, usb and RS232.

Com port is probably rs232 modem or null cable. Ethernet would be safe.
On vijeo designer you also need select correct communication for upload.

https://testmer.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/6.pdf

Only thing with USB could be that you need good screened cable for connection, Cheap ones don't work allways.

Hello Chud,
I will give this a go.
Is it just a normal straight through ethernet cable?
Also;
If the Enable Upload was enabled and we get connected do we use Upload Editor Project from the File Menu to do this?

Hello Chud,
I will give this a go.
Is it just a normal straight through ethernet cable?
Also;

Normal ethernet cable should work. You can put switch between laptop and computer, but crossover cable should not need even without switch.

If you can ping panel, then try upload from file menu on vijeo designer as explained on video.

Original file from programming laptop would be good still.

Lare,
I purchased a Schnieder XBTZG935 USB cable - orginal so it should be ok.
I thought the USB may be disabled on the unit as it was greyed out in the connection area.

Will try the ethernet too.

So if the the Enable Upload was enabled and we get connected do we use Upload Editor Project from the File Menu to do this?

As Lare said normal straight ethernet cable will work.
Do you have the vijeo program of customer?
Or did you create a new project and simply chose that model screen?

Hello Chud,
Currently chasing the original Vijeo project file.
Have not created a project yet.
What is the best way for me to connect to an XBTGT5330 HMI with Vijeo 6.2 to see if the customer had selected Enable Upload or not.

Create a Project, Data Manager or Upload Editor Project?

I was able to connect with Ethernet and confirm that no Project files were saved to the internal memory.
Will keep chasing for original file.
Thanks for your all responses - it was very helpful.