RSLogix Micro Error: Address bust be specified to the word level!

Cam_T

Hi, All!

I am very new to PLCs and I am currently writing ladder logic for an Allen bradley MLX1200.

I have a number of inputs which i have addressed in the format: I:1.0/1 etc. which should equate to I:Slot.Word/Terminal.
I have checked the SLC 500 Instruction Set document which has informed me that this format should be structured correctly however I still receive the error message "ERROR: Address must be specified to the word level!"

Can anyone see where I am going wrong?

For reference Slot 1 is a 4-Channel Thermocouple Input Module (1762-IT4).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

C

I:1.0/1 refers to an individual bit; an address like this would be used on a contact or coil where you want to address a single on/off state.

Since you have a thermocouple card, you are dealing with analog signals and want to look at the entire word value. So, you'd omit the bit number and just use I:1.0 (assuming this is the correct address for the analog value). You'd also have to use it in a proper instruction that is expecting a word value, such as a comparison operator (EQU, GRT, etc).

Last edited: