Add on Instructions - Studio5000

Sham

hi all,

can you guys please explain the why we use AOIs? My understanding is that they can be used like templates, so we create them once, and keep reusing them as required. But what are the things we need to keep in mind? Like which parametres?

What is the role of parametres and tags in AOIs? How do we use one AOI for different inputs and outputs, where the logic stays same?
If someone can give a simple example too, that will be most helpful.

Thanks.

Think of it as an FB if you have done work with other platforms.
Say 20 motors with Start Stop and Indicator "Running".
Create an AOI with the Start/Stop logic and the indicator.
Re-Use the same code (AOI) for all 20 motors.
Just plug in the inputs and Outputs, the logic remains the same.
Hope makes sense.

What is the role of parametres and tags in AOIs?
How do we use one AOI for different inputs and outputs, where the logic stays same?
If someone can give a simple example too, that will be most helpful.

Thanks.

Think about the AOI as an instruction like a timer [TON]. A TON uses different addresses but uses the same logic behind the scene to give you a time elapsed value for the address of the timer you specify.