How to use Mapleview System HMI with Powerflex 4

buffalonymann

I have to use two mapleview hmi to control one powerflex 4 drive. Best I can discern from what I read, you can only enter a frequency to the drive via Modbus RTU. Wanting to use an increase/decrease button (like you would with MOP) doesn't look possible short of writing code to send a frequency message after using an IN/DEC button to set the frequency

I don't know what the "Mapleview HMI" is - so I might be way off base.

But here is the manual for the Powerflex 4 drive.
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/22a-um001_-en-e.pdf

Section c explains how you can address the drive thru Modbus and gives the communication parameters.

Now if the Mapleview HMI supports modbus it will be as simple as mapping the hmi modbus parameters to the correct poweflex 4 drive modbus addresses.

This will only hold TRUE is mapleview Hmi supports modbus RTU.

I did not look over the powerflex 4 manual very close so I don't know if it supports Modbus TCP and I don't know what the mapleview hmi is so I can't tell you if it would support modbus tcp either.

Pointed out by "keithkyll" Mapleview" is Maple System. We use them in most of our projects.

Maple Systems can communicate with either "Modbus Rtu or Modbus TCP", so you should have no problem in setting up control of your powerflex 4 drive with your maple system hmi.

As I said, read the manual I provided the "Link" to and here is the link that shows how to use Maple System Modbus RTU.
http://www.maplesystems.com/1036/10360045.pdf