$ 551

nazeeravt

I have connected an op3 to my pc using rj12, I have pro tool lite installed. when I open a new project in pro tool I have options for connecting with PLC but not with pc and in op3 I get a message address as 2 not possible when I try to log in transfer mode.I did not connect any PLC to the op. first of all i want to make a project in pro tool and transfer it to the op.In pro tool >new> download>preferences the connection com1 and serial and then download I tried this way but the message is no connection to the op .Thanks

I have connected an op3 to my pc using rj12, I have pro tool lite installed. when I open a new project in pro tool I have options for connecting with PLC but not with pc and in op3 I get a message address as 2 not possible when I try to log in transfer mode.I did not connect any PLC to the op. first of all i want to make a project in pro tool and transfer it to the op.In pro tool >new> download>preferences the connection com1 and serial and then download I tried this way but the message is no connection to the op .Thanks

Have you set the OP to "transfer mode"?

You change to transfer mode as follows:

Change to "System" image
Select the mode required with SHIFT+CURSOR
Enter the password "100"
Select the mode required and press ENTER

If a custom configuration is already loaded that does not include the standard function "Change mode", you must make a general reset by pressing the key combination"ESC+ CURSOR right + CURSOR down" and then the standard English configuration is loaded.
The power on the OP must be switched off before pressing the 3-key combination. The 3-key combination must be pressed and held when the power is switched on again on the OP.

The Op3 display shows ready for transfer when I press enter"$104 restart after transfer abort " message is displayed and then "$ 551 as address AS 2 not possible"

This morning something popped up in my mind:

I think it can be that you use the wrong com-port.

If I find yet a manual I will let you know if there is something else that you can try.

Do you use the correct cable:

http://www.control.com/thread/1026153043

i saw that you use com1-serial, so that should be OK.

'no connection to the OP' suggest that your OP is not in transfer-mode.

I would again suggest 'Moggie's' 3-key-move but I'll try to make it more detailed:

- power off
- ESC + arrow-right + arrow-down
- power on AND hold the 3-keys pressed. Here I most times went wrong (see next line).
- only after the text 'flash test' appears on the OP you can let go of the 3-keys. I this text does not appear you can repeat everything again!.
- after start-up: press enter, go to 'F4-system', F2-OP-mode, you should see the text 'Operat. mode online'.
- press shift+arrow-down, use password '100'
- you should see "Operat. mode MPI down". Press ENTER, you should see "ready for transfer".

The Op3 display shows ready for transfer when I press enter"$104 restart after transfer abort " message is displayed and then "$ 551 as address AS 2 not possible"

I overlooked this post; I do not have Protool-lite and an OP anymore, so I googled it and found this:

http://www.control.com/thread/1026160562

Error message
$551 AS address 2 not possible

is meaning that MPI, or PTP, or DP, or in every case connection plc-op is faulty.

This depends basically by 3 factors:

a)connection cable (A and B reversed is common error)

b)terminating resistors at each end of bus must be on.

c)the cpu connected doesn't have address 2