Allen-Bradley Micro810

Closer look at the Function Block option, so hopefully with Ken's solution and Mine you'll have all the info you need, let me know if you'd like me to send the CCW file

CCW Function block.JPG

The Allen-Bradley Micro 800 series editor is built into a package called "Connected Components Workbench", or "CCW" that also launches configuration programs for the PanelView Component and the small Kinetix drives.

Under the hood, the controller is running ISaGRAF and PLCOpen Motion routines, and the editor is done in Microsoft Visual Studio.

The good news about CCW is that there's plenty of room for future improvement.

The hardest thing about this is learning how the TOW instruction doesn't have named instances, and uses instruction-specific time value structures named TOWDATA.

As you've stated the application, you can do this in three rungs:

Thank you. Mine looks the same except I had to add an "R_Trig" as sort of a one-shot for my push button. I'm just enjoying the fact that mine was the same as yours Ken. You being a seasoned veteran and all. Always appreciate yours and everyone heres' help. Thanks again.

Hi Ceiling walker

I've attached a picture of what I Meant earlier.

once you have the TOW block in the middle of your screen grab the Variable block from the left and drag it on to your screen as well. Then double click on the variable block you just dragged and it will take you to the variables that have been created already, if there aren't any you can create them as you go. Create TimeA and TimeB. they need to be data type TOWDATA. then fill in the details. I've attached a picture of the variables and the blocks the way you described your process

Thanks much. I always learn more here than at the manufacturer's site.

I do have a wiring question, please. I wanted 24VDC out to my push buttons so I have the "-" of the power supply connected to the "NC" terminal position and the "+" to the "I-00" terminal position. They are each connected to one side of the push button. I was expecting to see the input make and break, but nothing. Looking at the wiring diagram it appears that I have it wired correctly but nothing. Thank you

I do have a wiring question, please. I wanted 24VDC out to my push buttons so I have the "-" of the power supply connected to the "NC" terminal position and the "+" to the "I-00" terminal position. They are each connected to one side of the push button. I was expecting to see the input make and break, but nothing. Looking at the wiring diagram it appears that I have it wired correctly but nothing. Thank you
"NC" on terminal strips usually mean "Not connected". Post the model plc and I will look at the terminations in the manual.
Page 10 in this manual in the link below, show some different layouts.
The only layout I see with the "NC" terminal is for the is for the 2080-LC10-12AWA. That model uses 120 to 240 VAC for the inputs, not 24VDC. Depending on the model, you may also have to jumper terminals 2 to 3 on the input strip if they are not already jumpered internally.
Link:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/2080-in006_-en-p.pdf

Last edited:
"NC" on terminal strips usually mean "Not connected". Post the model plc and I will look at the terminations in the manual.
Page 10 in this manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/2080-in006_-en-p.pdf
Shows some different layouts.
The only layout I see with the "NC" terminal is for the is for the 2080-LC10-12AWA. That model uses 120 to 240 VAC for the inputs, not 24VDC.

Hopefully my attachment makes it here. This is what I was using.

Looking at the attached zip file that typical drawing appears to show a Com terminal that must be connected to the "0" or - side of the power supply. Then, one side of your pushbutton contact connects to the + 24v side of the input power supply thru a fuse. Next, the other side of the pushbutton contact connects to the Input or I/P.

I'm looking back thru the thread and I see you are using the 2080-LC10-12AWA. I think this might be the manual you are using. See the terminals layouts starting on page 21.
Link:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2080-um001_-en-e.pdf

P.S.
Go back and re-read my post #26. I made some edits.

Last edited:
Turns-out the module I purchased I can not use 24VDC, only 120VAC. The literature was a little confusing because I did not read anywhere that my model wouldn't support that voltage input.