Remote Access To Compact Logix

I'm looking into setting up remote access to a piece of machinery several states away that has a compact logix L24 controller. Does anyone have a preference on what VPN router works well with Allen Bradley? So far I'm leaning towards the **** Cosy 131. Has anyone had experience with this?

I've used the Phoenix mGuard - both the cell and wired versions.

I've found that most places don't get a great 4G reception, so downloading/uploading to plcs and especially screens can be risky if you plan on going cellular.

The mGuard can be tricky to set up at first, but if you have a local Phoenix resource they can help walk through it. Other than that I've loved the service and functionality of the units.

I haven't tried any "dirty word" units yet, but have heard great things.

It'll be a wired connection to the Company's network, So won't need to have cellular capabilities. This will be my first attempt at remote access to a PLC and panel view, so the easier the better lol

Taka a look at the SiteManager 1129 from secomea.
It helps you get through all the firewalls and gateways in the remote company's network.
Looks like the Cosy 131 is a similar product, but i dont know it.

A) is it a company you work for or a customer? B) does the company already have a VPN setup? The company I used to work for used Cisco Anyconnect and I never had any issues out of it. C) are you doing this for a one time deal or will this be a regular occurrence?

My company uses the cosy 131, they are reliable I guess... I've never used any other.
My experience is VPN is always extremely slow. It takes me roughly 15 - 30 Minutes to connect to some PLC's this is obviously dependent on their connection but I've never seen a fast connection over VPN.

We use the Flexy and have had good results. I've never had an issue connecting to any device, but I haven't had to connect to a PLC/HMI outside of the US yet.

From what I've heard, spectrum controls has a better version of the ethingy. The software side is better now and if you get a subscription it's cheaper.

There is also TeamViewer, if your customer has a PC you can load software on.

A) is it a company you work for or a customer? B) does the company already have a VPN setup? The company I used to work for used Cisco Anyconnect and I never had any issues out of it. C) are you doing this for a one time deal or will this be a regular occurrence?

It is a customer, and it'll probably be an ongoing service to where I can connect to give them any updates or troubleshoot any problems they may have

From what I've heard, spectrum controls has a better version of the ethingy. The software side is better now and if you get a subscription it's cheaper.

There is also TeamViewer, if your customer has a PC you can load software on.

That was my initial thought and would be the easiest. But My boss doesn't want our software loaded on a non company computer, even though I could uninstall it when finished.

You can set up TeamViewer as a VPN and use it just like you would a hardware device.

Someone around here did up a step-by-step and posted it a while ago - a search of the forum will probably find it.

It is a customer, and it'll probably be an ongoing service to where I can connect to give them any updates or troubleshoot any problems they may have

If it's a customer I'd see if their network guys have a preference or restrictions. They may well have a VPN setup that you just need the credentials for.