wow

Welp, guess i'm reinstalling that game and playing it tomorrow. Awesome!

"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expense of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."

huh?

some co worker showed me this port scanner tool. A couple of our customers showed up. It even had the project description of the plc program in the open port description.

If you need a port open for a day or two. open one up past 49,000

Welp, guess i'm reinstalling that game and playing it tomorrow. Awesome!

"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expense of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."

It a car wash. Pretty sure I will live to see another day.

SHODAN is the primary antagonist of a really excellent game called System Shock, came out mid 90s.

Fantastic character, great lines.

Car washes are cool tho.

Security risks are real, and the Shodan search engine should be all the proof you need that a VPN appliance or router is the absolute minimum you should use when connecting a control system to the Internet.

Nobody should be surprised when a controller with an open Port 80 or 502 or 44818 gets overwhelmed with TCP bots within a few minutes of connection to the Internet.