Panelview 300 micro alternatives

fuzzydiode

Hello,

I am currently using a AB panelview 300 micro in a application. The main consideration is available physical space for the panelview. It is working fine but I am creeping up on the max program RAM and ROM for the part and still have some features that I need to add.

My question is does anybody know of any other similar devices (physical size) on the market that might have more RAM and ROM? I am currently using a RS232 interface to the panelview.

Thanks,
RP

What's your processor?
If you're using a SLC, you're probably stuck with DF1 (unless you can use the second COMM port on the processor). That'll limit your options on screens (just a little).

If you've got a MicroLogix, one of the ones that talks modbus, you might have more options.

AK

I am using a micrologix 1500 one of the serial ports to talk to the panelview. I also have a devicenet scanner I am using for other things.

RP

Check out the SimpleTouch sold in the states through Xycom

http://www.pro-face.com/product/st/

It supports DF1 and DH485, and has a small 3.8" screen like the PV you have been using. It is also less than PV300 or EZPanels, more like a text display cost.

Hello Everyone,
I am also looking for Panelview 300 alternative. I would prefer a controller with some basic display features which will make the display more user-friendly.

Thank you.

Red Lion. The g304 K2 is nearly a drop-in replacement for the panelview 300 micro. Red Lion will probably do away with those Cadet models in the next year or two. So you may want to go with the CR 1000.

Is your unit a panelview 300 full height or is it the micro?

Fourteen years between posts... those A-B terminals have some really long tails.

I agree with the Red Lion C1000 terminals; I used G304K in applications that would otherwise have had a PanelView 300 or 300 Micro, and will use C1000 four-inch terminals in the future.