Any GE Solutions Providers?

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
Seems like this is a huge cluster with Emerson supporting the Proficy software and GE supporting the old stuff like Cimplicity and Versapro.

They told me after tomorrow You can't get support for Proficy unless you buy a support package thru Emerson... which is ridiculous considering I still have over 6 months left on the contract I bought thru GE that included Proficy.

I always hated GE and this surely isn't making me consider using any of their products on new installations.

I was a GE solutions provider until I retired at the end of 2016 so I don't have any personal experience in dealing with Emerson. The local distributor I dealt with continues to handle the product lines now labeled as Emerson. If I were you I would solicit the distributor's help in carrying over the balance of any support you have purchased.

yeah I want to say you helped me in the past with a complex GE issue and I know you were known on this forum as the GE man... or at least by me.

I guess my post was more of a vent after sitting on hold for about an hour and writing a check back in February for a years worth of support and the privilege of using the great proficy software... lmao.

yeah I want to say you helped me in the past with a complex GE issue and I know you were known on this forum as the GE man... or at least by me.

I guess my post was more of a vent after sitting on hold for about an hour and writing a check back in February for a years worth of support and the privilege of using the great proficy software... lmao.

I would contact whoever you paid for the subscription.. It should have been transferred from GE to Emerson.
That is what happened to my contract.

Yes they are a little slow to respond and the person that answers the call and transfers it needs a little more experience...
However, after I got through to tech support, the help I have gotten from them has been top notch.

Seems like this is a huge cluster with Emerson supporting the Proficy software and GE supporting the old stuff like Cimplicity and Versapro.

They told me after tomorrow You can't get support for Proficy unless you buy a support package thru Emerson... which is ridiculous considering I still have over 6 months left on the contract I bought thru GE that included Proficy.

I always hated GE and this surely isn't making me consider using any of their products on new installations.

I was the Automation Engineer in a plant with iFix until February and out solutions supporter with which we had a support contract told us exactly the same thing.
For them to be able to support us we'd have to buy the GE support contract too.
They changed their tune a bit when I told them we'd no longer have a support contract with them and instead would take on the GE contract and solve issues internally (not many issues either way)... but it struck me as very odd.
GE is a bit of a cancer in automation to be fair... I would probably throw a party whenever they go under and iFix becomes something that comes bundled with DeltaV only, but not many people would know what I'd be celebrating.

We had a support contract with GE starting almost 20 years ago, and due to the territorial nature of GE's supply chain, the hardware and software support contract was moved from GE to Gray Matter Systems, who carried the GE line exclusively here in Florida. When we wanted to place an order, we did it through GMS; when I needed tech support, I called GE, who had my Customer Service Number. It worked as well as can be expected for a number of years. We have been gradually reducing our GE footprint. Then came Emerson. Now, for all sales and support, we call GMS. They have handled it all very well. You may want to look into dealing with a local GE rep instead if one is available in your area.