PVPlus 700 Display Print Error

Viks

Hi Guys,

I have a PVPlus 700 installed on an equipment from which I would like to print a selected screen when I hit the print button on the PV. I have already created the print button on the selected screen and download the application to the PV. I believe that display print should be configured correctly for it to send the print job to any printer. In my case I need to send the print job to a printer on our office network so I set the network path to \\server\printer
After configuring this,I ran the application to test the print but it didnt work and I got an error on the diagnostics stating; "Unable to create printer device context". Can anyone who has tried this in the past assist me in this please and explain to me what I am doing wrong.

thanks,

Did you literally address it as "\\server\printer" ?

Is there a DNS server on your network to resolve the Server and Printer names ? Is the PV+ configured to use that DNS server ?

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply. The path which I have setup on the PV+ is something like this \\s0000171\HP Color LaserJet 2600n
Yes there is a DNS server on our network. How do I configure the PV+ to use this server?

Should I just type in the IP address of the DNS server as the network path instead of s0000171?

Thanks.

I think that the DNS Server is always a numeric IP address, rather than a hostname, because the whole point of a DNS server is to dynamically resolve hostnames.

You could try using numeric IP addresses both for the Server and the Printer.

I don't know if there is a way to assign static Host names on the Windows CE operating system that the PanelView Plus uses.

I tried with numeric IP addresses of both but still recieve the same error. FYI, the IP address for our office network is in the range of 10.10.8.xx and for our production network its 10.10.16.xx. I can go into the production network from my office but not sure if its the same from the other end(production to office). Would it be advisable to get our IT department to set this up?

Thanks,