RSNetworx Ethernet - Non AB devices

martyndwn

Hi All

Is it possible to connect non AB Ethernet devices to a Compactlogix 1769-L35E, without the use of RSnetwork for Ethernet?

Thank you

RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP is principally a diagnostic tool, or used with specialty non-Logix controllers. It is not used when connecting a ControlLogix or CompactLogix to I/O devices.

Whether or not your "non-AB device" is easily interfaced with a CompactLogix depends on the Ethernet protocols it supports. Generally it needs to support the "EtherNet/IP" application protocol.

Thank You,

I will be trying to connect an ABB ACS355 VFD, through a ABB FENA11 Ethernet card to a Compactlogix 1769-L32E.

That should be no problem; the FENA-11 supports EtherNet/IP, ProfiNet, or Modbus/TCP depending on a parameter setting in the drive.

I haven't used them for quite a few years so I would have used the "generic module object" rather than an "EDS-based Add On Profile" that might be available today.

But you definitely don't need RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP, just RSLogix 5000 software for the CompactLogix.