RSView Studio for ME - creating runtime file

pimpim32

We have RSView Studio for ME cpr4
Last project I have worked with was about one year ago.
Now when I tried first time to create the runtime file the studio came up with a dialog box saying "Unable to save RSLinx Enterprise data server information.Would you like to create the runtime file anyway?" hit yes an in the end comes up a Notepad file stating that runtime file not created due to internal error code 37.

Checked knowledgebase found case ID 36575 and 34070 stating either you do not have RSlinx Enterprise Data server and you shoud create one, or you have already Kepserver and you still have some shortcut to RSLinx Enterprise so it should be deleted.

I have deleted everything, I recreated servers, I restart, closed/open RSlinx Classic, boot in safe mode .....nothing worked.

In the end I created a new file called MyApp2, copied all my displays inside, created my runtime all ok no more problems.

BUT it kills me why wouldn't work from the first time with the first app?I spent about 3 hours for nothing....

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks
Marian

I had the same problem.I reinstalled the RS view from the scratch without successs.
The solution is to recreate the communication in your project.

In the RS view Studio left window, you have to click on the RS linx entrperise and open the communication setup dialog box, then you copy the local configuration file in your target.
your old archive project was most probably created on a different machine with different communication and factory talk settings.

I already tried this and it works fine.

I saw the same thing, I found that whoever installed RSView didn't install RS Linx enterprise. I installed it and it worked.

thank you

Thank you Rafael
I was having the same problem and follow your instructions. however in my case when I clicked on RSlinxs a window popped up asking me if I wanted to use create a connection use current settings or use old settings. I clicked on use current computer configuration and it allowed me to save the run time application.
Thank you
Andy:p

Thanks for posting.

Got caught out with this myself this morning. Redid the communications setup and all good again.

:)

RSLinx Enterprise error 37

I have had this happen most often when I've renamed an application. This is what the tech knowledgebase said:

First check the RSLinxEnterprise Communication Setup. This error will be generated if RSLE has not yet been configured for the application. This is the most common cause of the error. Open RSLinxEnterprise Communication Setup and click OK. Continue to the following steps if the error persists during runtime creation.
  1. Open C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise and delete the RsLinxNG.xml file
  2. Open C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLinx Enterprise and copy the DefaultTemplate.xml file to C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise
  3. Remove or Rename the original RSLinxNG.xml file from the directory, and then rename the DefaultTemplate.xml that was just copied into this directory to RSLinxNG.xml.
  4. Reboot the computer
NOTE:
This problem can also occur when an existing application, is renamed, then opened without validating communication first (as outlined in the first paragraph).

1). Open the Communications Setup.
2). Clicked on the Shortcut in any of the two (2) Tabs that your are currently
interested in.
3). Click the verify button.
4). Check the Verify Dialog, it should verify either or both the Design and or
Runtime Tabs.
5). Click the close button to close the Verify Dialog.
6). Next click the OK button to save the Communications Setup.
7). Shutdown Studio then reboot the computer.
8). You can either create the runtime file or check the Communications Setup
(again), then create the mer file.
9). If the configuration has changed from the previous reboot, then it will be
necessary to correct the communications and save. If the changes do not
hold/maintain themselves, it will be necessary to replace the RSLinxNG.xml
file as detailed above.

Oh man!!

Thanks all for the input and I apologize if I am a little late...)

Anyway the fact is even I do not remember the problem nor how I have solved it. Just now popped up on my email controlcraft answer and seen my original post.

Apparently RSViewStudio still creating nightmares to people :)

Cheers all

RSLinx Enterprise error 37

maybe I just lucked out, I read controlcraft's answer.
The error DID occur after renaming the application.
I skipped to the instructions underneath his note and did steps 1-9 except I skipped step 7 (reboot) just to try it. It worked! Runtime file was created. I basically opened rs linx enterprise, clicked on shortcuts, and clicked ok. Communications path in rs linx had not been changed, only the project name. I dont know if this will work every time without rebooting but it seems you have nothing to lose. (besides the massive time it takes this laptop to reboot)
Strange error, Thanks again.

I'd swear that anytime that this happened to us we just deleted the shortcut in the communications setup and recreated it again and it worked. I'll have to pay close attention to this next time it happens.

See the same thing many times, i'm pretty sure any time you recreate the program you have to verify the comms setup and select OK.

Just so everyone is aware this happened to me and none of these solutions fixed it. It happened after I installed all Rockwell components on a new computer and tried creating a runtime file (.mer). What it turned out to be was the wrong version of RSLinx Enterprise installed on the computer. When I installed RSLogix it installed a version of RSLinx Enterprise that was incompatible with the version of Factory Talk View installed (7.00.00 CPR 9 SR 6). I popped in the Factory Talk View disc and navigated to the RSlinx Enterprise folder and ran the setup. I'm running Windows 7(x86) and the version of RSLinx Enterprise installed now is 5.60.00 CPR 9 SR 6.

FactoryTalk view Studio Error 37 or 27

Here is the latest Technote I could find regarding this error. Each of the above mentioned cause/solutions is included among others...

33994 - FactoryTalk View ME: Unable to save RSLinx Enterprise data server information
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George