Choosing appropriate motor protection switch

Adenitz

Hello experts,

can you suggest me what would be appropriate motor protection switch for the following motor (used on a valve drive):

3 phase 400V, P = 0,25 kW, I = 1.0A, cos fi = 0.6, S2-15 (Short-time duty S2 - 15 min), 1400 o/min, Insulation class: F

Thank you.

Last edited:
You need short circuit and overload protection for your motor.
The operating/nominal current of the motor is 1.0 A so in your case I would use a thermal-magnetic motor circuit breaker like Schneider GV2ME06 1-1.6A which protects against both short circuit and current overload faults.
Set it to 1A and you should be ok.
Also check if your motor has built-in over temperature protection.

Similar Topics

Good evening, I'm primarily a Siemens user, but I have an incoming project where I need to use Allen Bradley everything. So far I know that the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to choose from 4 different tank levels (REAL) and choose the greatest number (highest) and set that to open that tanks valve...
Replies
Views
I am going to daisy chain a couple Modbus devices off of a Click plc using rs 485. There will be three slave devices daisy chained off one another...
Replies
Views
Good day all. I work for a small company that would like to start automating the production of our goods. I have been tasked with doing some...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to remember the lessons for replacing a SLC CPU, but I so rarely have to do it, I'm afraid of screwing it up. I'm hoping to give my...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom