Importing AOPs on RSLogix 5000 version 20.01

jakeparsons03

I have been trying to import the AOP for a 1769-AENTR. I downloaded it off the RA website and it gave me a .exe file. After running the .exe I closed logix and reopened it but the AENTR isn't on the list as modules I can create. Am I missing some sort of import method? The .exe created a .dat file. I haven't seen that before, is that the file I am supposed to import?

Last edited:
Where in the hardware tree are you trying to add it? The tree hierarchy will filter out some modules giving an impression it is not available if you didn't right-click on the right spot.

What processor are you using and what version is your program? I wouldn't think that module would be an issue, but there are modules that will not work under older versions. When that is the case, I believe the module will not show up as an option.

And, after extracting the archive, you opened up the RACompactAdapter_V9.06_Rel folder, right-clicked MPSetup (no extension!) and chose 'Run as administrator'?

And, after extracting the archive, you opened up the RACompactAdapter_V9.06_Rel folder, right-clicked MPSetup (no extension!) and chose 'Run as administrator'?

I didn't. I saw that but I thought it was apart of a previous set of AOPs I failed to download. I ran it and it worked! You are the man/woman! Thank you!!

I didn't. I saw that but I thought it was apart of a previous set of AOPs I failed to download. I ran it and it worked! You are the man/woman! Thank you!!

It happens when using RA products...They should try standardizing their install packages, especially the web downloads...