Software to go online with Mitsubishi PLC... Meslec FX1S-10MT

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I haven't needed to work with a Mitsubishi PLC until now. But I just got a call from another tech working on a customer's machine, wondering if I could help him look at the values going to the VFD.

So, I'm starting from zero (with Mitsubishi). What would I need to talk to this PLC: Melsec FX1S-10MT, and where do you go to get the software and any communication cables? I usually do some Google work first, but the customer's machine is down and I need to post this before looking around.

Mitsubishi PLC.png

The software you need is GX Developer, which you might be able to find online. If it isa really old PLC you might need GX IEC Developer.

You can buy GX Works, and that package comes with GX Developer - I am pretty sure, but not sure of the IEC version..

The cable is a SC-09 that can be found cheap on eBay, usually from China. Or a good quality one at PLCCable.com

Thanks! The other tech called me back and said he figured the problem out. But I think I'll go ahead and get the cable from PLCCable.com. It's probably just a matter of time before I'll need it.

I bought GX Works for a job about 5 years ago. I had to order it from a distributor and wait for the CD rom to be mailed (not a big deal for my situation). I also ordered the cable from plccable.com. I used it exactly one time but the cable worked just fine.

I noticed in the pic that there is a cable connected to the programming port, this is probably an HMI so probably would need to disconnect to connect your pc via an SC09 or equivalent cable. If the HMI is a Beijers then you can if it is configured connect via the HMI on the rs232 port, it probably is set up this way as pass through.

Like OkiePC I bought GX Works a few years ago, but I have to use GX Developer & the SC09 cable almost every month and have only used GX Works twice since I bought it.

And, I already had GX Developer and GX IEC Developer, so that's not why I bought Works.