OT : how cool

In our nearsightedness, it's a natural human reaction to question why a guy with this kind of vision and $ doesn't do more to solve current problems. I'm sure he would easily solve a lot of them, albeit temporarily.

This guy if different than most, if not all, who have come before him.

Some of us can plan ahead a step or two. Some can even plan five or six. A precious few can exceed a dozen steps. I think this guy has planned hundreds of steps on multiple paths towards the fulfillment of his ultimate goal. It's beyond me to fathom what that goal may be, but rest assured it will be awesome.

I sure hope your right!

We are clear to have lunch..... I mean clear to launch :p

SpaceX is targeting launch of Bangabandhu Satellite-1 on Thursday, May 10 from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Florida. The launch window opens at 4:12 p.m. EDT

http://www.spacex.com/webcast

So how many years before we outgrow the resources we use to survive. On average, population growth is 1.23% per year. That's right around another 50 years and the acre per person number will have shrunk below sustainable averages.
This is a good watch, might even make you feel optimistic.
https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dont-panic-truth-about-population/

Governments like you to feel unsafe and that everything is going wrong, that way they can offer solutions and stay in a job.

Aborted the mission yesterday but back on if anyone wants to watch

SpaceX is targeting launch of Bangabandhu Satellite-1 on Friday, May 11 from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Florida. The launch window opens at 4:14 p.m. EDT, or 20:14 UTC, and closes at 8:14 p.m. EDT, or 00:14 UTC. A backup launch opportunity is available on Saturday, May 12 from 2:21 p.m. EDT, or 18:21 UTC, to 6:21 p.m. EDT, or 22:21 UTC. Bangabandhu Satellite-1 will be deployed into a geostationary transfer orbit (GTO) approximately 33 minutes after launch.

Thanks for sharing, both me and the GF would have missed it if not because of you! Awesome :)

:site:

I find this stuff so cool when they can pull it off... I still cant believe that people are putting their name on a list to go and they know its a one way ticket, its not a movie there is no return to earth and its not in even in the works yet but they still want to go.

If I ever hit the loto I will be going to space a long time ago I saw a special on TV where you could go up (for a large fee) in a Russian plane and it was so high that you could see the curve of the World... that would be close enough for me and I would love to do it before I die

I think the plane was a Mig 41, I dont think any other governments are offering it, its a short ride because they have to fly so fast to stay up they burn a lot of fuel