Productivity 2000 and Weintek MT8103iE

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I'm setting up comms for this PLC and HMI. I didn't see a productivity driver in the HMI specifically for productivity under the Koyo section, and there is no automation direct section. I was wondering if one of the other drivers could be compatible with the p2000's data structure before I go through and map out all my tags with Modbus addresses.

Thanks.

You will have to use Modbus for this. I had to do that with Red Lion. Luckily Productivity Software will automatically assign the Modbus addresses for you.

You will have to use Modbus for this. I had to do that with Red Lion. Luckily Productivity Software will automatically assign the Modbus addresses for you.

Thanks for the update. Just so future readers can see this, the productivity PLC is an AD product and isn't any kind of rebranded hardware. So if drivers were added in the future, They would be under an AutomationDirect heading.

In Weintek's Connection Guide, they are all under KOYO.
KOYO Click, KOYO Direct, KOYO Do-More, etc.

For Productivity, use Modbus as previously mentioned.
Not sure about BRX. I used Modbus last time, but I wonder if Do-More would work?

I did that but we are not able to import the tags into the Weintek software...
We are currently waiting on support but...

I did that but we are not able to import the tags into the Weintek software...
Not sure what you mean by this? Are you trying to import the tags from the PLC? What PLC are you using? A P2000 like the OP?
Typically if you are using Modbus you will have to create HMI tags and put in the Modbus Address as the source for the tag. I haven't use Weintek so maybe I am off but that is how I had to do it with the Red Lion Crimson Software.

You won't be "importing tags" into the Weintek software. You will have to add each tag to the software manually based on the modbus address and function code. Are you using a productivity PLC?

Actually Weintek will be releasing the new driver in the next build but they gave it to us to test and so far works like a champ

Actually Weintek will be releasing the new driver in the next build but they gave it to us to test and so far works like a champ

That is awesome. It would have saved me a TON of time last summer.