View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2002, 01:09 AM   #2
BobB
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Talking

That is not a valid Omron CPU number. Would suggest you find out the correct number and go to http://oeiweb.omron.com/oei/ where you can download any manuals you require in PDF format.
Basically, the first rack starts at channel 0 and progresses to channel 9 for a 10 slot rack. However, if an I/O card is a special I/O card (32 I/O or above), reference to the manuals is required to determine which address is to be used.
Addressing for 16 bit I/O cards is 0.00 to 0.15 (left hand end slot), then 1.00 to 1.15 (second slot) and so on. The last standard address on the main rack for 16 bit cards is 9.00 to 9.15. If all slots numbers are not used, then the bits for those slots can be used as internal relays (bits). For example, in the case of an 8 slot rack, channels 8 and 9 are not in use on the rack. These bits, 8.00 to 8.15 and 9.00 to 9.15 are available for use as internal relays.
The PLC will not care if the card is an input or output, it is just a number. No I/Q or X/Y addressing is required.
Having an open sheet can be a bit daunting the first time round but those of us that use Omron most of the time like not being limited as in most "conventional" PLCs to having to use I/Q or X/Y. Takes more time typing them in, depending of the programming package. Even Omron's latest PLCs used with Cx-Programmer will accept the digital address "0" and translate to "0.00" "100" is translated as "1.00".
The other thing you will find with Omron PLCs earlier than the CS1 or CJ1 is that there is a finite number of timer/counter numbers that can be allocated. A long time since I have used a C200H but I believe there are 512 timer/counter allocation numbers. These can be allocated to timers, high speed timers, counters but the same number can only be allocated once. For example, timers 0-510 (a total of 511 timers) counter 511 (a total of 1 counter) using the total of 512 timer/counter memory allocations.
The CS1 and CJ1 have 4096 timers and 4096 counters available in separate memory areas. At last, I will not run out of timers and counters and have to make my own out of registers with @INC and move functions.

Last edited by BobB; December 31st, 2002 at 01:13 AM.