Rockwell Studio 5000

Rushome

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how rockwell studio 5000 versions work. If i buy the newest version i have been told this doesnt give me access to the previous versions. If that's the case what is the process for accesing them, do I have to pay for each previous version individualy?

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductDownload.aspx?crumb=112

A licence for RSLogix5000 will allow you to download all versions up to 20.04 and anything newer than that became Studio5000, which is a separate install.

If you or your company bought some time ago, you would have a CD that contained different older versions, but it is all done via downloads now.

You select the required download, then you have to enter your serial number and company name, and take the managed download.

Install the oldest versions of RSLogix5000 first
Same with Studio5000, oldest first.

thanks i have the rs logix 5000 licence going back. So if i understand correctly a v30 studio 5000 licence will cover all previous versions of studio 5000?

Aye, that is correct.

Go to the Rockwell site and download the ones you need - that match the firmware versions on your PLCs.

Something is niggling at me that you may need your ongoing techsupport licence to get them after your first year, but I am not 100% sure...