PowerFlex 70 Monitor DigIn Values Over Network?

jrsnydley

Hello everyone, I have a PowerFlex 70 that is controlled by a 1756-L73 controller via a 1756-DNB and 20-COMM-D module. DigIn 1 Sel (parameter 361) is set to "1 - Enable" The 24VDC comes from the drive, through a pull cord, and back up to terminal 1 on the drive. I would like to monitor the value of DigIn 1. I am wondering if there is a way to do this over the network or if I would have to wire it up separately to a 1756-IB16I.

This should be relatively easy.

On the PowerFlex 70, Parameter 216 is the raw values of the Digital Inputs.

You can add that to a DataLink, which will require a re-configuration of the I/O connection and re-mapping in the 1756-DNB scanlist.

Or, you can send Explicit Messages to the Parameter object in ladder logic.

This would be a "Parameter Read", which is Service 0x0E hex (Get Attribute Single), Class 0x0F hex(Parameter), Instance 216 decimal (Digital Inputs), Attribute 0x01 (Value). The MSG block will gray out everything but the Instance field when you select "Parameter Read" as the service.