Tia portal v15 uss v20 drives S71500

dahnuguy

How do you get the uss drive control to output specific status words on outputs "Status1" Status3" and Status4" of the uss drive control FB?

I can't find any mention of this anywhere.

I am thinking this is something that must be set in the drive itself, the other project doesn't have any code that I can find that does this.
But if it is set in the drive it should tell you in the manual how to specify which parameter to select where etc.

Maybe I just missed it.

I want these parameters to be delivered by the uss drives control block.

Parameter reference:
v20_operating_instructions_complete_en-US_en-US.pdf / 7.2 Parameter list p155 to 157

r0027 CO: Actual output current [A]- - - P2002 - Float 2
Displays rms value of motor current. This value is available filtered (r0027) and unfiltered (r0068).

r0031 CO: Actual filteredtorque [Nm]- - - - - Float 2
Displays electrical torque. This value is available filtered (r0031) and unfiltered (r0080).

r0052.0...15 CO / BO: Active status word 1- - - - - U16 2
Displays first active status word of inverter (bit format) and can be used to diagnose inverter status.

I have a another program that has these but I can't find any code reference as to how to get the drive to send these specific parameters to the drive block.

I’m not a V20 guy, but looks like P2019 is the send data out of the drive.
So 2019.0 is the first word out.
P2019.1 would be the next etc. these are called indexes

And yes. This is set in the drive

I’m not a V20 guy, but looks like P2019 is the send data out of the drive.
So 2019.0 is the first word out.
P2019.1 would be the next etc. these are called indexes

And yes. This is set in the drive

I completely missed it thanks.
v20_operating_instructions_complete_en-US_en-US.pdf
Page 233

I sort of remember reading this but it must have been late it all seems fuzzy.

R52 in p2019.0 is a default. If your comms are working Then you should see a status word being received in the plc now

R52 in p2019.0 is a default. If your comms are working Then you should see a status word being received in the plc now

unfortunately, the coms are not working.

I stripped it down to just the 2 basic blocks from Siemens library.

Uss port
and Uss drive control

Checked the wiring , eliminated all but one drive and moved termination resistors from last drive up to first drive as it is now the first and last drive on that port.

Copied the parameters and downloaded them from a working drive on a similar machine.

The port shows that it is transmitting if you look inside the instance db at the Tx buffer.

The Rx buffer is all zeroes.

Occasionally I get port fault of 818B.
The internet says this is drive fault not responding.

yeah.

unfortunately, the coms are not working.

I stripped it down to just the 2 basic blocks from Siemens library.

Uss port
and Uss drive control

Checked the wiring , eliminated all but one drive and moved termination resistors from last drive up to first drive as it is now the first and last drive on that port.

Copied the parameters and downloaded them from a working drive on a similar machine.

The port shows that it is transmitting if you look inside the instance db at the Tx buffer.

The Rx buffer is all zeroes.

Occasionally I get port fault of 818B.
The internet says this is drive fault not responding.

yeah.

Just for reference
page 98
http://plc4good.org.ua/files/02_materials/ptp/s7300400_cm_ptp_programming_manual_en-US_en-US.pdf

0x818B The drive does not respond. Check the drive.

Post some pics of how your uss blocks are setup
That way we all don’t play 20 questions
Also the uss drive parameters. The ones regarding USS

Your thread title says 1500
Yes, if it is actually an S7-1500 CPU, then there is this sample project:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/de/en/view/90468030
It also contains the PDF JRW linked to.
It would be a good idea to start out with the sample TIA project, and when you got it working, you can copy the working bits to your real TIA project.

For S7-300, I cannot find a sample project with V20 drives.

indeed confusing.
I wish everyone when starting a new thread would just list exactly what hardware and software are part of the topic.

I agree. However, I'll also say that whenever I try to provide a fully detailed report of "this is everything I know and have tried", peoples eyes glaze over, and either tend to respond as if I only typed a few sentences or they ignore the request entirely.

I struggle to find the middleground.