Wincc runtime advance v13

f.fabunmi

Dear all,
in my current project i am using S7-1200 controller, but i want to use normal PC as my HMI. On my engineering PC I have installed TIA PORTAL V13 SP1 UPD9 for both STEP 7 and Wincc. my question now goes thus, on the station PC i want to use as an HMI what are the necessary software i need to install there to be able to have successful connection to my controller. I believe i need to install wincc runtime. Nevertheless, i am seeking for experts guide on this... Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Femi.

Yes you are right.
You need to have Wincc Runtime Advanced or Professional installed on the PC.

You do not need any more software installed. You didn't specify which version of TIA/WinCC you have installed on your programming environment. But the requirements are right here

If you're not running SCADA on your PC station then runtime advanced will do if you are then professional is needed.

Thanks.. I am running wincc advance v13 sp1 upd9 on my engineering PC. But should I first install wincc advance v13 sp1 upd9 on the PC I intend using for runtime before installing RT advance.. I have tried to install only wincc RT advance on that PC but it giving me some error..

At what stage do you get that error?
To not waste time, go back to basics. Make sure you operating system is supported, make sure your installation files are not corrupted (DVD? ISO?.exe?) if possible just fownload the trial version which is full version from Siemens' site to make sure it's all good and after the installation is successful use your DVD to authorize it. Depending on where the last installation left off you may need to do some work to delete all the old files.

With TIA PORTAL V13 basic you can program the s7-1200 and simulate a panel from the same pc. The programming software is cheaper than the wincc runtime. The simulating runs the panel like it was the actual panel.