Melsec Medoc 2.5

Rheinhardt

Help guys,

Mitsubishi o_Oo_Oo_O ...well enough said. After chasing my tail between GX Developer,IEC GX Developer i have found out i have software that was written in Melsec Medoc 2.5.

Are these versions still available???? I used a MS-Dos version years ago cant even remember the version. All the forums i'm reading on this is dating back to 2001...

Does anyone know of any updates on this package that i can use.. Maybe Melsec Medoc Plus??

Thanks

Help guys,

Mitsubishi o_Oo_Oo_O ...well enough said. After chasing my tail between GX Developer,IEC GX Developer i have found out i have software that was written in Melsec Medoc 2.5.

Are these versions still available???? I used a MS-Dos version years ago cant even remember the version. All the forums i'm reading on this is dating back to 2001...

Does anyone know of any updates on this package that i can use.. Maybe Melsec Medoc Plus??

Thanks

GX Developer will import Medoc programs, i cant remember how to do it as i havent used Mitsi for a few years now, i am sure somebody will be along in a minute that can tell you..........

To import a Medoc programe into GX Developer you must first create a new project with the correct PLC type. Once you have a project the options to import will be available in the file menu. Most programmes can be imported straight from the Medoc file but this will sometimes fail, especially if there is a very large name list. If this happens then you need to generate a Medoc print file (but, of course, you need Medoc to do this). The print files can usually be imported even if the actual programme file cannot.
Andybr

Thank you

I have actually tried doing the import, with no success, what is the proper file extension for Medoc program? It cannot even see the files.. Some users on the forum and our local distributor says the software was done in the IEC version of GX Developer,

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=46423&highlight=mitsubishi

but the company that did the project +- 2 years ago say Melsec Medoc 2.5. which is not available locally.

I will specify the file types again.

custom.sys okb
edm.edm 2kb
lryboxes.sys 1kb
softctrl.pro 3,360kb

Would i be able to upload the project into GX Developer if the program was done Medoc 2.5? What would the result be in terms of configuration, comments,symbol lists?

At the point of No return!!!

Thanks again

Last edited:
The files you have listed are definitely not Medoc files. The IEC version of GX Developer was originally marketed as Medoc Plus and this could be where the confusion is coming from.

Thank you for all your help and assistance!! I will download the IEC GX Developer Demo and hopefully get some succes..

I will get back to the forum after i have done this.

This one almost went the same way...glad we got it going though.... Just to many software packages for the mitsubishi hardware... makes it a nightmare.

Hi all!

I know I am bringing an old post back.. but I need to open an old Mitsubishi FX1N program which I think was programmed with Medoc!

Anyone still have the program?

Or even better, if someone is able to open my program backup, convert it, and send it back in a GX Developer version.. would be really appreciated.

Best regards,

Last edited: