RE: RSLogix 500 Starter for 10pt Micrologix 1000

MadMaxx

RE: RSLogix 500 Starter for 10pt Micrologix 1000

Greetings To All:

I am in possession of an Allen-Bradley 'Starter Pak Toolkit' CD-ROM.

This came with a Micrologix 1000 kit I purchased from a local distributor a while back.

The CD states that it contains RSLogix 500 Version 6.10 for 10 point Micrologix 1000 Programming software. The CD also contains a version of RSLinx (Lite).

Naturally, (...and I don't want to sound naive here, so I'm only looking for confirmation of a supposition I have...) I do not believe I can use either this praticular version of RSLogix 500 to interface with any other type of PLC, such as a SLC5/02 for instance.

Can anyone on the board confirm that this software is indeed limited to interfacing with just the Micrologix 1000 that was purchased as a 'kit' some time ago?

Thanks for your help with this. (I just didn't care to waste a whole lot of time in a feckless attempt to use this software to interface with other PLCs it was not *meant* to be used in conjunction with... ...This is surmising that my 'supposition' above is correct though, of course...)

Best regards,
Max

Hi Max,

Just make sure that the PLC is F and not E, as E will not work with the software and you can not download the firmware to the CPU, if you got it from your rep. then I am sure you will be fine with it. But just wanted to let others know that may read this...

The procedure can also be seen here... http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=33740

Hi Max,

I know u can not work with this demo version for mo than 10 points,but I worked with this version on SLC 5 PLC and I tried it on Micrologix 1000 (1761-L20AWA-5A) but I was able to go max. with 10 output points.

Thanx

Musbahar - while this is an old thread (last post before yours January 28th 2008) - I will note that Allen Bradley has recently expanded the list of PLCs which the "Starter Lite" software will support. It now supports all Micrologix 1000 models as well as the Micrologix 1100. It is available here -

http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html