Started Working on PLC

patelaksh30

Hello,

I just got job as Controls Technician and I stared working on RSLogix 5000. I have worked before 500 but 5000 is completely new for me. When it comes to troubleshooting then I can do it. The place where I work, we do welding here through Fanuc robots and we control them with AB PLC. So, sometimes I get why robot is not working and I start working it by toggling any lost bit. But sometimes I can not get it where is the actual problem.

Any tips from where I should start looking program during troubleshooting time?
Robots do welding, mig welding, glue, handling process.
Let me know if you guys have any tips which helps me to improve.

Regards

If you are familiar with RSLogix500 but not RSLogix5000, then you will have a lot to learn. RSLogix5000 is Tag based (unlike RSLogix500). So I would start by looking at some sample RSLogix5000 programs and getting familiar with them.

For troubleshooting: in my opinion it is best to start with a copy of the drawings (if available). Look at the drawings and figure out which IO points, cables etc may be causing the issue. Then look up the IO points etc in the logic. Get familiar with the Controller Tags in RSLogix5000.

Hope this helps.