Plc 2/30

n_alkopaty

Dears,
I have Allen bradley PLC 2/30 I tried to connect it to my old IBM PC with serial connection but I didn't success. I tried many connection configuration as the following:

- 1784-KTP direct connection (the message Working stay for hours without any progress)
- com1 serial to DH+ ( the message "disconnect or shutdown" appeared)
- 1784-KT direct connection ( the message "error synchrozation with communication board" appeared)

I don't know if the problem because the cable or PC card.
I made the serial cable between Db15 male and Db 25 male by myself as I don't have the orginal cable.

Thanks

A KT card requires the following cable to go to the 15 pin DSub. Keep in mind that the 15 pin DSub is not a serial port. The 2/30 only has the special PLC 2 communications port unless you add an additional communications adapter.

Cable_KT_to_PLC2.jpg

in my AB- computer, there isn't 62 pin port. there is a card with two ports: the first one is 9 pin and the other is 25 pin. and there is also another card with a 37 pin port in it.

What you need is a RS232 to RS422 6 channel converter.
the 15 pin DIN connector on the PLC2 is RS422
the PLC2's don't have DH+ the are just DH Data Highway
they are different and can't be interchanged
you can bridge them with the right hardware.

the attached Doc is a pin to pin cable i made and have used for years
you do need all 6 channels on the RS422 cable
the DH communication module connects to the 15 pin programming port
and you can not program them over the DH network you must be connected directly to the programming port
i use the AB PLC2 software
I hope that helps