auto logout in iFix 3.5 SCADA

annette2002

I've a button that requires relogin in order to view the data links by button. My problem here is that when the button is clicked, it askes users to manually logout before letting the users to re-enter the user id and the password for verification.

How can I elminiate the part of manual logout?

ifix autologin

Annette,
Pulled this out of Intellutions knowledge base...
Looks like you should be able to modify the code beneath your button with the example listed below.
I woulda tried it but I am currently working with some old Fix 7 and don't have iFix loaded on my machine.
Good luck, Mike

Description

To execute Login.Exe without having currently logged in user name displayed. The following describes log out the current iFIX user out and allow a new user to login without having to logout the previous iFIX user.

Resolution

Create a new picture in the workspace and insert a pushbutton object (which will be used to run a Visual Basic script to logout the currently logged in user, and then run the login.exe program);
Right click the mouse on the newly inserted pushbutton and select "Edit Script";
Paste the following code between the Private Sub CommandButton1_Click( ) and End Sub
System.FixLogout
Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell("C:\dynamics\login.exe", 1);
Close VB Editor and switch picture to Run mode to test (Note: the script will log the current user out; and then call the login program to allow a new user to sign on);
Save the picture.