factorytalk view studio export to bmp?

I use photoscape if I need a screen capture of a windows, then a quick edit with arrows, boxes, text and such. You can do it pretty quick all in the same program. The other thing that is nice is you can batch resize.

I typically lean toward open source too. I have a few things that I commonly do that photoscape does pretty quickly. Take a screenshot of some program changes, circle some stuff, add some text, crop, resize, send. It's all done pretty quickly. It has just enough features, not too much.

I just use the "test display" button. As long as you have your comms configured in rslinx enterprise under the design tab, your actual tag values will show. Then use the snipping tool that comes with windows.

If you use alt-PrtScrn it only cuts the active window so you don't need to snip it when using the runtime on your pooter.

The application documenter saves the pictures as jpgs for some stupid reason and they artifact like crazy.

I run the application from my machine and use a program called Photoscape to do the screen captures. It has a "capture window" feature that makes it easy to get the bounds of the screen when it is running. It also has a "repeat last capture" so after you have selected the window once, repeat last capture will grab the same location on the window every time.

Can just say, I just used this and it is way better than snipping tool. Do you know if it is possible to have the screen shots automatically save when I hit repeat last capture? Other than that, great time saver. Thank you.

After many years, can we do it somehow in FTview/VBA or do we still need to do it with third-party software?

It does save in pdf file pretty well with "ScreenPrint" command. Yet, I've been using snagit to help me to save many, many screen files into JPG but it takes a really long time and patience when working on huge projects.