Is there any Siemens Step 7 simulation software?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if there's any software out there that will allow me to "simulate" the Step 7 software I write on my PC without having to download to a PLC??

I'm sure I heard about some once upon a time but it was ages ago...?

Many thanks for any help you can give me

Cheers

:)

uptown47 said:
Does anyone know if there's any software out there that will allow me to "simulate" the Step 7 software I write on my PC without having to download to a PLC??

I'm sure I heard about some once upon a time but it was ages ago...?

Many thanks for any help you can give me

Cheers

:)

If you buy the Profeesional package it comes with a PLC simulator
S7-PLCSIM Professional 2006 SR4 V5.4 + SP1 the current one.
Not sure but I think you can upgrade your existing packae to Pro by purchasing an upgrade lisence from Siemens.

6ES7841-0CC04-0YA5 Simatic S7, S7-PLCSIM - listed for 433 Euro. Can be added to your existing Step 7 installation, even if it's Step 7 Lite. There's no need to upgrade to the professional package.

Kind regards,

uptown47 said:
I was wondering if it work with normal S7.
Yes, it works with all Step 7 versions (except MicroWIN, but that's an entirely different cup of tea).

Kind regards,

Wow, I thought that maybe Siemens had changed their policy for downloading demo's of their software, but I am afraid that it is not the case.
That link is to SP1 for PLCSIM v5.4
In other words, it requires that PLCSIM is installed already.

To get demo versions from Siemens you normally have to contact them personally. Apart from that there is normally no fuzz about it.

Does PLCSIM do communications to outside devices ? ie, can I run Wonderware / iFix on the same PC or talk to PLCSIM via MPI / Profibus / Ethernet on another PC.

theDave2 said:
Does PLCSIM do communications to outside devices ? ie, can I run Wonderware / iFix on the same PC or talk to PLCSIM via MPI / Profibus / Ethernet on another PC.

With PLCSim V5.4, it now has access points to support other communication paths besides MPI. I know for a fact WinCC and WinCC flexible can communication with PLCSim V5.4 using the access points, but not sure about the other brands. If you can point your Wonderware / iFix to the correct PG/PC interface for PLCSim then you could use it with those SCADA packages.

There are two way to get S7 simulation sofware connected to non-siemens SCADA.

1. S7-PLCSIM + SIMATIC NET
2. non-siemens simulation software, for example from IBH.

Direct connection S7-PLCSIM to SCADA is possible only if this SCADA is WinCC :)

zova said:
There are two way to get S7 simulation sofware connected to non-siemens SCADA.
1. S7-PLCSIM + SIMATIC NET
[..]
Unfortunately, S7-PLCSIM do still not allow you to use it as a part of a "PC-Station". So it is not possible to connect to S7-PLCSIM via OPC or S7-API.

Better late then never....

http://www.trysim.de/ this is the one I have, you can simulate the machine :) not just the code, the parts move and you have control over the speed and everything and you can crash it... just like in real life ;)

pict01.jpg