GE Fanuc PLC Support

AgentB

Hi All,

What have 2 cranes that have GE Fanuc 90-30 series PLC with 341 CPU

We have been struggling to support these cranes as we do not have the PLC software. Every time there is a problem we have to call the GE Fanuc agent and they come and take a look and tell us what the problem is and we have to pay them for this. When we inquired about getting the software they say the program was done in a dos program(I am assuming LM90) and the program is no longer available. We asked them to give us the price to upgrade the PLC with to be compatible with the latest software and then supply us the software, but they seem to be not interested. We then contacted as per EMEA email on the internet am getting no replies. We cannot just keep paying this company a fortune everytime there is a problem.

Can anyone assist on what solution we can do here with the least cost?

Yes....Logicmaster LM90 is now free from the GE support website.
It will easily run in WinXP if you have version 9.06 (last upgrade).
I have it running in WinXp Mode (Virtual PC) under Win 7 Pro.

You can get the logic from the 90-30 and then convert to Proficy Machine Edition.

Where can I download it. I have been trying to look online but cannot find it. I tried registering on GE Fanucs website but it did not send me the confirmation to register?

It came on the Versa Pro Demo Disk and the Versa Pro software disk.
I do not know if it is included with Machine edition.

You can buy Proficy Machine Edition and upload the logic from the PLC. Then, after you download with Machine Edition, you will be on the current version of GE software (which runs in current version of Windows) and no longer stuck on obsolete Logicmaster software.

Hi NetNathan,

Would there not be anything special that needs to be done when converting the program.

The GE Fanuc agents say it is difficult because all the registers need to be convert from 16bit to 32bit and especially since our cranes have an icras anti sway system.

I do not want to spend the money only to find out it is useless

Your "GE Fanuc agent" is misinformed. Conversion from a Logicmaster program to Proficy Machine Edition is simple and straightforward. Conversion from a 90-30 to a new Rx3i system is equally simple. You can even keep your existing I/O modules.
I know nothing about the anti-sway system so I can't comment about that.
Do you have the Logicmaster files of your existing system?

I hope that the DOS program the agent referred to is not the obscure "State Logic" software that GE Fanuc purchased from Adatec and promoted for a few years.

If it is done in LM90 the worse case would be that you need to update your CPU's firmware by purchasing an EPROM.

However if you want to keep this system running for many years I suggest that you look into updating to an RX3i processor. This usually means replacing the CPU rack, CPU and power supply. Most other hardware can be used with this PAC. If the old Logic was done in LM90 it can be imported with little if any manual tweaking.

With either option you can use the latest Proficy ME software.

Last edited:
Good point Russ. The other potential issue would be if the Logicmaster program is written in SFC. I have the SFC add-in installed on the laptop with Logicmaster and I think my computer with eClips software for state logic will still make it through the boot process, so if AgentB can post the project file I should be able to offer some guidance.

Can LM90 be uploaded here for download?

If so...I will do that.... with appropriate files (LM90 SP2) to upgrade from 9.05 to 9.06 (I believe the last upgrade).

Can LM90 be uploaded here for download?

If so...I will do that.... with appropriate files (LM90 SP2) to upgrade from 9.05 to 9.06 (I believe the last upgrade).

You need to ask GE this. However as they do not offer it for public download on their site I'm guessing they would say no.

They will still sell it but without support also if one is a Solution Provider Partner they will give it to you, again without support.