Micrologix 1100 connection help

The serial cable from the place Mickey suggested arrived in the mail about an hour ago. I was able to clear the fault and assign a new IP address with the cable.

..............If you establish comms, please try to upload from the PLC so we can look at the Major Error in the application. If you wipe it with a download you won't learn from this..............

Unfortunately the PLC was password protected, so i had to wipe it.

Thanks again everyone's help!

Very good Malador.
It's ok if you wiped it, you can still simulate Major Error 0187h if you want to. Power down and unplug the module from the controller. Power up again and it should fault. Reverse to clear it. Don't plug in or our while powered up.

Have fun!

I just bought two ML1100's and they both have the Major fault code=0187h. I'm new at this, so what is the easiest way to clear the code? Is there a simple program to write on RSLogix 500 or can I do it without the program?

I just bought two ML1100's and they both have the Major fault code=0187h. I'm new at this, so what is the easiest way to clear the code? Is there a simple program to write on RSLogix 500 or can I do it without the program?

See pdf... The 1 before the 87 tells you witch module has the problem.

Hi Mickey,

My reading of this is that the OP has bought two used MicroLogix 1100 controllers without the original expansion I/O module(s). The original programs are still loaded in memory with the original I/O Configurations. Because the I/O is now missing the controllers are both generating I/O Configuration Mismatch errors. They just want to wipe these erroneous programs from memory or default the controllers and then perhaps start again. They don't need to know about or resolve the actual errors as the original I/O is not in play any more. I may be wide of base there but that's just how I'm reading it? It may be the case that the original I/O is actually still with the controllers and there is a genuine mismatch error of some descriptions?

Let's find out...

KasCo,

Hi & Welcome to the Forum!

Because of the above "either or" situation, I'll ask straight out: are there any expansion I/O modules with, or connected to either of these controllers?

KasCo said:

There is no procedure available to "clear" the memory on a MicroLogix controller, if that is what you mean?

The only available procedure to clear a current program from memory is to overwrite it by downloading a blank program. I suppose you could classify this as a "simple program"?

Either way, you do need the programming software to acheive this.

Regards,
George

Thanks for the info. I have both of mine fixed now. I had to load a blank program from rslinks500, to clear the faults in both. I got most of it fixed myself, but couldn't figure out the problem so I just went back to my past college teacher and we figured out why. The problem was the baud rate was wrong along with some conflicts with the past program on the controller. Do you know what control model took 1100s place?

Do you know what control model took 1100s place?

If I understand your question, nothing has replaced the ML1100. It is still an active controller sold by Rockwell.

Geospark's crystal ball is much clearer then mine though. So hopefully he will check in.

Last edited: