Studio 5000

Sham

Hi All,

Has anyone got any clue how can I get hold of a free trial copy of Studio 5000? Or is anyone able to share their license? I am also happy to some money for that. Its kind of urgent.

Thanks

There is no download for free as a trial that I am aware of. However most distributors will provide a license for a 30 day trail. You would have to contact your local distributor to get it.

Do you know anyone who might be willing to sell his license? Also, if I buy it from NHP who are the distributors here, how much will it cost me? Any idea?

It depends on the version and features you want, there is a mini edition that only supports compactlogix, then there are options to program in FB and ST etc which cost more.

Best contact your distributor for a free trial of the option you want, and get a price for it.

Thanks MSP. Will that mini edition have the simulator in it too? I honestly need the simulator atm, urgently.

Do you know what level of software you need, are you working with a compact logix processor or a control logix processor
a compact logix processor can be accessed with a limited version
Studio 5000 Lite Edition Software - Shipped Media I RE30590 9324-RLD250ENM 3,470.00
a control logix processor will need as a minimum Studio 5000 Standard Software - Shipped Media I RE30590 9324-RLD300ENM 5,710.00
if only a one off hire a interrogator for what ever the issue you have

Do you know what level of software you need, are you working with a compact logix processor or a control logix processor
Studio 5000 Lite Edition Software - Shipped Media I RE30590 9324-RLD250ENM 3,470.00
a control logix processor will need as a minimum Studio 5000 Standard Software - Shipped Media I RE30590 9324-RLD300ENM 5,710.00

Sorry I did not quite get the last thing you said. Atm , what I need urgently is the simulator. Any of these processors will be fine actually, I need to just demonstrate the logic atm.

9324-RLD200ENE is for compactlogix only and here (well in 2017 it did) cost £675 ($1230AUD)

Sham he means if it is one job you are doing to do, hire someone who has the software already to do it.

And speaking of that, has anyone of you got access to the simulator? What if I want to sublet the task to you guys?

Are you able to divulge what you are trying to accomplish? Any emulate program for any software is a bit of hocus pocus anyway. The results you want may net be the results you can get with emulate.

The thing is that I have started freelancing, and I have to help a guy in his university project. His professor is happy to accept simulations only, and of course I cannot spend more than what I will be paid for the software. Makes sense? Sorry, I should have told this earlier

Any emulate program for any software is a bit of hocus pocus anyway. The results you want may net be the results you can get with emulate.

I wouldn't be so inclusive when it comes to software emulation... The fact I can simulate more than one PLC talking to each other and run essentially a mini refinery with Siemens kit is proof in contrary.