Eng.Abdo

can you please help me :site:
i have this problem with my CPU

CPU 416-2DP _ HW
INTF: indicator LED RED Continuous
EXTF: indicator LED RED Continuous
BUS2F: indicator LED Flashing RED

in HW Config. "in on line mode"
CPU 416-2DP shows the error Sign, and in Diagnostic Buffer the status Show error

in the Cp443-5 Ext is running fine with no error

but in HW Config it shows the error sign on the module
but when i put the properties of the CP443-5 Ext in the diagnostic buffer, the status of the module shows "OK"
------------------------------------------------------------
not that my HW Module as fallow.

1- PS407-4A
2- CPU 416-2DP "show error "
3- CP443-5 Ext "show error "
4- ENet (SCADA HMI)

can someone explain me why this is happening,and how i can solve this problem.

thanks

What do you read in PLC + Diagnostic/Setting + Module information + Diagnostic buffer ?

Eventually try to delete all OBs from 80 to 122 and let the CPU go to stop. Now check the Diagnostic buffer.

Kalle

can you explain me more please

and according to deleting the OBs, once am done with that i will have to turn them back after word.

thanks

Step1:
Start with reading the buffer. I expect it will have hundred messages with reading/writing error on one/more of your DP-slaves connected to the 443-5.

Step2: (probably not neccesary)
And the OBs; if you are allowed to stop your process, this is a good step-by step method of finding and removing errors. You will find just a few items in the buffer after last restart.

My best guess - and most common - is that the error is caused by a tripped control voltage fuse.

Kalle

Last edited:
Step1:
Start with reading the buffer. I expect it will have hundred messages with reading/writing error on one/more of your DP-slaves connected to the 443-5.

yes you alright a 100 messages.on the other hand in the CP 443-5 one message shows problem which is "max data length can be handle,

what i did a Clear / Reset for the memory and then i updated the HW, but the same problem again

1: Most of the error types has an error number and a help text. If you cannot come any further, post the error message here.
2: Did this suddenly happen, or has anybody been reprogamming the system or picked on the bus cable or made a funny little short circuit somewhere?
K

Last edited:
can you tell me how i reach my node address please

also can you suggest me a manual regarding diagnostic buffer
thanks 📓

1212.jpg

Check out address PIW602 or PQW602. This is either not configured or there is a problem with the device that holds that address.

PIW/PIQ 602 is accessed in program from FC24, OB122 is called so it says programming error. Look in hw config if there is PIW/PIQ 602 configured. And look for programming errors in FC24 (maybe post the code). Did error show up suddenly, or has it always been there?

I am guessing that this was a system that has run OK before, but now it has problems with no modification being done by anyone.
If there has been made any software or hardware modifications, then investigate these modifications first.

There seems to be at least one error on at least one of the Profibus networks.
I recommend using the "Hardware Diagnostics" in stead of the diagnostics buffer. The Hardware Diagnostics will often (but not always) point directly to the faulty module.

If more than one DP slave is affected, it is more likely a cable or connector problem, or a missing termination (can also be caused by the last DP slave in the daisy-chain being powered down or the last connector in the daisy-chain not being properly conneced).

@Abdo
This is very, very basic error tracing, so I will advice you to attend a Simatic course. If you were trained, you'd find this error in one minute instead of using one day.
icon12.gif

Kalle